Ban FAKE selling

Puxi

Who agree's with me on this. I feel the HUB should ban the people from selling fake kits. Let us here on the Hub at least try and make a difference.

If someone wants to sell kit then they need to produce the licence from the manufacturer.

I know it may be difficult to stop everything but if we stop 1 we will make a difference.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geees all you people with your self-righteous asses up your ass... People are just giving normal low salary earning people also the chance to wear and support their TDF teams. It isn't even to say that it is fake and even if it is. The original suppliers will still make the same amount of money because you idiots will still pay an arm and a leg for the stuff. The people who maybe cannot afford the real thing won't buy it so no one will lose out on any profits...

If you are just too jealous of people riding next to you with the same kit that he bought for half of what you paid on his cheap alu bike GET OVER IT... Your 100K bike and 2K kit makes you no better man. In fact it might be over compensating for something else that you have a "SHORT" of...

It's good to see that cycling is growing in SA and with the "cheaper" kits more and more people will realise that the sport has alot of different teams in other countries... Maybe people will realise that it can be a fun sport and grow SA cycling into something no one could have thought...

i ordered some fake kit from the net and use it for training, noway im paying R1000+ for something ill only train in

I like fake kit, I'm definitely not going to pay through the nose for wearing somebody else's marketing budget.

I say more fake kit on the hub and everywhere else too. The more fake sellers the better, it'll drive down the prices a bit more. thumbup1.gif

First off,what do you mean by fakes?

Apparently you can tell it's genuine when it costs 4x the price of the other stuff.

I am all for cheap kit, but if you want to put your favorite teams kit on your back why should you not pay the company that has bought that right their fee?

If you want cheap kit make it plain or with your own design, don't steal someone else's "brand".

I personally will ride branding less kit as much as possible till I am either given, or paid for it or it gives the branding to a good cause.

Any way this topic will always cause much heated debate between the guys looking at the big picture and the guys who look at themselves.

I am all for cheap kit, but if you want to put your favorite teams kit on your back why should you not pay the company that has bought that right their fee?

If you want cheap kit make it plain or with your own design, don't steal someone else's "brand".

I personally will ride branding less kit as much as possible till I am either given, or paid for it or it gives the branding to a good cause.

Any way this topic will always cause much heated debate between the guys looking at the big picture and the guys who look at themselves.

Big picture is ride in plain kit, team kit or club kit. There is nothing 'genuine' about paying a pile of cash to wear the same kit your favourite Euro Pro wears.

Only branded kit I have is some cheap chinese Rock Racing kit, which I think is quite fitting, given that most of their riders were ripped to the tits on drugs. Not feeling too guilty about 'cheating' Michael fridge-full-of-EPO Ball out of a few pennies.

I noticed some adverts on the hub clearly stating its replica kit, personally i did not see an issue with that, unless i am naive. Yes the sponsors paid a lot to have their name on the pro riders back, but anybody else wearing kit showing the brand is still good exposure for the sponsors surely. so no i dont see the issue here, so long as its not sold as original kit.

if it is against the law it is wrong! It is wrong to sell copied oakleys, it is wrong to sell copied dvd's...so it is wrong to sell copied clothing, and the hub should therefor not allow it. Remember it is against the law.

Geees all you people with your self-righteous asses up your ass... People are just giving normal low salary earning people also the chance to wear and support their TDF teams. It isn't even to say that it is fake and even if it is. The original suppliers will still make the same amount of money because you idiots will still pay an arm and a leg for the stuff. The people who maybe cannot afford the real thing won't buy it so no one will lose out on any profits...

If you are just too jealous of people riding next to you with the same kit that he bought for half of what you paid on his cheap alu bike GET OVER IT... Your 100K bike and 2K kit makes you no better man. In fact it might be over compensating for something else that you have a "SHORT" of...

It's good to see that cycling is growing in SA and with the "cheaper" kits more and more people will realise that the sport has alot of different teams in other countries... Maybe people will realise that it can be a fun sport and grow SA cycling into something no one could have thought...

Well said :thumbup:

Who agree's with me on this. I feel the HUB should ban the people from selling fake kits. Let us here on the Hub at least try and make a difference.

If someone wants to sell kit then they need to produce the licence from the manufacturer.

I know it may be difficult to stop everything but if we stop 1 we will make a difference.

I disagree, although not 100% moral, legally you can only stop people from manufacturing, distributing, selling fake products in SA if those products are officially registered as a trademark, etc under South African law. Otherwise you have no leg to stand on. Similar with patenting, unless you register patents in each country you want to protect your IP in you cannot claim priority rights.

I doubt many of the official kit suppliers have done that in SA.

P.S. I do not support illegal activity such a piracy and the selling of pirated goods, but the buzz word being illegal. I also do not think it is 100% moral to sell fake kit.

:clap: :thumbup:

As a sideline comment, I managed to get hold of a genuine team issued speedsuit from one of the UCI Pro Tour riders. I can fully understand why someone would want to pay for the real item even be it at R2000 (I got mine for R500 so don't shoot me), it is amazing quality like no other you will find in any of our shops unless you are buying castelli or assos.

So to all the guys buying the real stuff and supporting the Pro teams by putting back money to increase there budgets and help them keep on the Pro scene, well done! I fully support wearing supporters kit for this very reason. Everyone against wearing supporters kit must look in the mirror next time you don your springbok jersey on a friday or to a match. Don't be a hippocrit!