• Yes, either replica/original or fake
    • Yes, fake only, replica too expensive
    • No.
  2. 2. Do you own a springbok rugby jersey

• Yes, original
    • Yes, repllica/original and fake
    • Yes, fake
    • No

Lets get more interesting info here instead of trying to argue the point.

Edited by The_Break

If they dropped the price to make it more afforadble then ppl would be less inclinced to buy fake.

If they dropped the price to make it more afforadble then ppl would be less inclinced to buy fake.

Are you trying to justify doing something that is wrong now.

So if you cant afford an expensive bike do you buy a stolen one????

Ofcourse yes, I did not know it is stolen....I just thought it was a super good deal

I will just buy it for the Dura-Ace or SRAM Red groupset....

Edited by MTB_Roadie

I think you are confused. Fake kit is not stolen. It is produced in a factory in China. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd assume given the scale of the operation, that it is not an illegal business in that country.

Remind me again why we are supposed to care about this? Whose family is out on the street because people buy lycra body-billboards from China?

Not justifying anything. the reason fakes go so well is alot of ppl that would like to wear/buy/own etc cannot afford it and the guys that make the stuff see the gap and make fakes.

In stead of selling a bib for R1000 drop the price to R500 and 2 ppl will buy so u still get ur mony and double the exposure.

Yes quality is a factor but the ppl that are buying the fake stuff are not getting quality so why not make a replica kit of lower quality?

IMO if you going to sell replica, at least state it as such and don't try sell it as original but at a discount price.

I think you are confused. Fake kit is not stolen. It is produced in a factory in China. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd assume given the scale of the operation, that it is not an illegal business in that country.

Remind me again why we are supposed to care about this? Whose family is out on the street because people buy lycra body-billboards from China?

You are 100% correct fake kit is not stolen. But selling a stolen bike and buying a stolen bike is illegal.

Manufacturing fake kit and selling and buying it is illegal!!!

So tell me if you went to buy fake kit at a robot and there were cops there would you buy it???

Again If you want to buy stolen kit go ahead it is you who has to live with it, But I feel that the HUB is becoming a platform for this illegal activity which it should not be.

Not justifying anything. the reason fakes go so well is alot of ppl that would like to wear/buy/own etc cannot afford it and the guys that make the stuff see the gap and make fakes.

In stead of selling a bib for R1000 drop the price to R500 and 2 ppl will buy so u still get ur mony and double the exposure.

Yes quality is a factor but the ppl that are buying the fake stuff are not getting quality so why not make a replica kit of lower quality?

It is not up to us what price they should sell it for, it is their business. What would you do if someone got a cheap chinese frame and painted it and sold it to you as a Trek at half the trek price and only later on you found out?

You are 100% correct fake kit is not stolen. But selling a stolen bike and buying a stolen bike is illegal.

Manufacturing fake kit and selling and buying it is illegal!!!

So tell me if you went to buy fake kit at a robot and there were cops there would you buy it???

Again If you want to buy stolen kit go ahead it is you who has to live with it, But I feel that the HUB is becoming a platform for this illegal activity which it should not be.

I didn't buy it from a robot, but that sounds like a fun retail experience. I bought my fake Rock Racing kit from cyclejersey.net. Give it a try, they are very efficient and affordable. The sizes are a bit on the small size - order one up from your usual authentic batman suit size.

only later on you found out?

You'd have to be a bit slow not to realise the kit is fake. It is 100% cheap, fake and a bit low on durability. No surprises there.