Weekend Saved by Cycle Lab Northgate (Cape Town)

flymango

Thanks to Mac who helped me with a demo bike on Friday for the weekend after my brother-in-law from Jozi broke his Gary Fisher derailleur hanger earlier in the week. We had two days of fun on some trails around Cape Town all because he had a bike. Seems those Gary Fisher derailleur hangers are like hen's teeth and we couldn't get one in Cape Town. Thanks Mac!! No questions or issues - just a mobile number. :thumbup:

Makes me think of my great experience with Steve Bowman of CL North Gate on the Friday night before the Durbanville High School League race. Had a new bike (SL4) built the morning at my local Spez dealer, and just before packing my bike in the car for the race the next morning, I discovered a twisted cable under the BB. After sorting the twist out, both derailleurs were not shifting properly, so I called CL way after 5pm, and arrived at about 5:30pm. In no time Steve sorted my bike out and send me off with smooth shifting gears. What a guy, and what a bike shop!