Heels on Wheels - I'm Confused

flymango

From the PPA website:

" Join the Pedal Power team and SHAPE magazine for a brand-new women’s-only event on the PPA calendar! This event, presented by SHAPE magazine, is specially designed to cater for newcomers to the wonderful world of cycling; for female cyclists who perhaps don’t participate in events as often as they’d like; for runners or gym spinners who want to try a friendly, do-able cycling event, or for anyone who just feels like spending a great morning out cycling with their girlfriends, mothers, daughters, aunts, grannies, sisters, cousins, …."

Liberal advertising, a typo, or suggesting boyfriends will be there too?

From the PPA website:

" Join the Pedal Power team and SHAPE magazine for a brand-new women’s-only event on the PPA calendar! This event, presented by SHAPE magazine, is specially designed to cater for newcomers to the wonderful world of cycling; for female cyclists who perhaps don’t participate in events as often as they’d like; for runners or gym spinners who want to try a friendly, do-able cycling event, or for anyone who just feels like spending a great morning out cycling with their girlfriends, mothers, daughters, aunts, grannies, sisters, cousins, …."

Liberal advertising, a typo, or suggesting boyfriends will be there too?

The word friend is genderless. I think that is the reason why is specifically refer to girl friends. Therefore excluding the boy friends - or male friends ??

Edited by Mads

The word friend is genderless. I think that is the reason why is specifically refer to girl friends. Therefore excluding the boy friends - or male friends ??

I speak under correction, but is there not a difference between a "girl friend" and "girlfriend"?

I speak under correction, but is there not a difference between a "girl friend" and "girlfriend"?

There is - girl friend = female friend, girlfriend = romantic (or not so romantic) relationship with a girl.

Yes PPA is wrong with their wording but tell us something new.....

Edited by Tiny K

There is - girl friend = female friend, girlfriend = romantic (or not so romantic) relationship with a girl.

Yes PPA is wrong with their wording but tell us something new.....

It is simple no boobs no ride :lol: