Take care riding near Diepsloot

MTB_Nutter

If you are training for the 94.7 near Diepsloot, please be very careful and ride in large groups. I was bikejacked and shot at this morning whilst riding on the R114 Muldersdrift across the road from N14 opposite Gomes Sand. I was just behind (about 50m) two other riders on the same stretch of road so if you are riding in a group dont let riders drop too far off the back.

These guys dont care about anybody. They fired the pistol twice at my head at point blank range but luckily the pistol misfired so they then forced me off the bike and searched me taking various things like my bike, wedding ring and cell phone before running off across the N14 and into Diepsloot, turning once and shooting at me when I got up and swore at them. This time the gun went off but the bullet missed me.

I can only thank the Lord that they got away with material things and I got away with my life and uninjured.

I would also like to thank the Erasmia SAPS and Metro police for their thoroughness and not taking this as a petty crime. they went back to the scene and even found the bullet casing so lets hope they catch the A??holes.

If anybody out there is offered a Merida Matts Sub 60 that has a Desert dash sticker on the RHS of the frame near the Merida sign, please contact me.

Thanks and take care riding.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ag nee man this is terrible ! Glad you weren't hurt.

We need to organise a ride in the area, things are getting out of hand again

This is terrible to hear, we all need to get on our knees, you survived by miracle, I am glad for you and your family, but I am sorry to hear about this traumatic experience.

Glad you are OK.

My Son taped the Carte Blanche program on his PVR on the hijackings. I saw it last week for the first time.

Has there been any progress on the case of the arrested hijackers? Are they still in jail or out on bail?

Bastards

I was riding with a mate yesterday morning and got jumped by 2 youths just on Allandale by Kyalami Downs. I'll put it in a separate post

Its out of control

WOW - That road was busy with cyclists and mtbers yesterday. I was also on that stretch with 3 other mtbers. R114 Muldersdrift is there at Avianto ?

At what time did this happen ?

Glad you are okay!

This is terrible to hear, we all need to get on our knees, you survived by miracle, I am glad for you and your family, but I am sorry to hear about this traumatic experience.

Amen boet

Ons kan net bid en vra dat die Here ons sal beskerm op die Pad.Ek voel ons moet n gebeds kamer of plek begin waar ons as Fietsryers kan bid en vir mekaar intree.Wat dink julle.Ons kan begin om elke oggend in ons stilte tyd vir mekaar te bid.Julle kan my PM as julle gebed nodig het.Kom ons maak n bybelse verskil.Sterkte en eks bly die Here het jou beskerm

That is crazy, we saw all the cyclists on the way to Northern Farm on Saturday morning...make sure you're part of a group if you're gonna be riding around there.

I doubt they were trying to hit you.

About two years ago I was spoke to some policemen who patrol the Diepluit area and they regularly get shot at but never shot (so far).

I think it is also time we wake up and realise you cannot ride a bicyle worth thousands of rands next to squatter camp with over a million people who are by all measures poor, uneducated and can buy unlicensed firearms for <R100.

Anyhows, I hope they catch these criminals but I am worried that more will just take their place.

1.I doubt they were trying to hit you.

2.About two years ago I was spoke to some policemen who patrol the Diepluit area and they regularly get shot at but never shot (so far).

3.I think it is also time we wake up and realise you cannot ride a bicyle worth thousands of rands next to squatter camp with over a million people who are by all measures poor, uneducated and can buy unlicensed firearms for <R100.

4.Anyhows, I hope they catch these criminals but I am worried that more will just take their place.

1. You sound pretty sure.

2.That was 2 years ago, 2 years ago they took bike at knifepoint, now it's guns.

3.It happens everywhere, even in our suburbs.

4.There will always be more , but a slapgat run away approach is not going to help either.