Any U23 Riders looking for a sponsor?

The Bike Vendor

Hi all,

I am looking for a few U23 riders who are looking for a sponsor? My father is looking to start a team for next year and he would like 4 - 6 riders in the team to kick it off and then in 2013 we he has 4 very talented Juniors who will be joining the team.

MTN Nycomed U23 Road Team.

Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks.

Edited by Gr00tbaas

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes me! haha i wish! to busy with studies. when does this has to be finalised? My brother is very talented, finishing school this year, so currently having a good rest before base training again. He is a MTBer and in Stellenbosch though... He has a buddy also looking for a oppertunity

MTB or Road?

Situated? I see you are in Pretoria

Um 2013 - quite sometime away considering the age of the riders!

Be that as it may what are the goals of the team - regional, National or International?

I currently coach arguably the best best Junior in RSA (1st year junior 2011 2nd year junior 2012). If you looking for International for 2013 I sure their would be merit in a meeting!

Be that as it may what are the goals of the team - regional, National or International?

I currently coach arguably the best best Junior in RSA (1st year junior 2011 2nd year junior 2012). If you looking for International for 2013 I sure their would be merit in a meeting!

Are you coaching my brother then? I can argue about you coaching all the best guys.

Do you coach one of the following:

- Charl Slabbert - Coached by my father

- Nico Thiart - Coached by Jannie

- Dirkie Nel - Coached by his father

- Henrico van Niekerk - Coached by Jaco

Are you talking about Ruan, Wesley, James and Kevin?

They will be 1st year U23 by then? Feeding them out of the academy into the U23 team and maybe into the Pro team. I see no I issue with long term development. They have been riding for the for a while and will be entering their 4th year of sponsorship. They will be riding Look frames / Giro helmets / Radar glasses.

They receive all those and pay in a percentage of the frame. Full race sponsorship for all the races/tours, accommodation, etc. We have a 8 - 10 man team for next year (including reserves).

yes me! haha i wish! to busy with studies. when does this has to be finalised? My brother is very talented, finishing school this year, so currently having a good rest before base training again. He is a MTBer and in Stellenbosch though... He has a buddy also looking for a oppertunity

MTB or Road?

Situated? I see you are in Pretoria

If we get the amount of talent needed, end of the year. If we don't, it doen not happen.

1st Year U23 next year, nice! What's his name? It's a road team hey.

Try Oliver cotton - he still is junior next year! But if you look at the international results from the riders who raced in Europe this year, he performed best by result in all but 1 off the events! Also won the tour de boland and the recent tour in the free state - juniors.

Try Oliver cotton - he still is junior next year! But if you look at the international results from the riders who raced in Europe this year, he performed best by result in all but 1 off the events! Also won the tour de boland and the recent tour in the free state - juniors.

I think you said "best junior team". One man is not a team bud.

"arguably the best best Junior in RSA"

You come across as having a chip on your shoulder!

Kallen (PE - also 1st year junior) could argue that he is a better rider 3rd at SA 1 st 1st year - but he is focusing on the track - well has been this year. So he does not have that many road results and as far as I know has not ridden any tour!

Oliver finish 4th at SA's and has been focusing on the road therefore more result - and good ones at that!

Teams are made of several individuals!

Gr00tbaas, nice initiative but there's always a faster rider, the four riders may be good / the best but that doesnt mean this will be the case by 2013, loads of talented riders across the county in this age group. I dont think icycling is challenging the fact that you have good riders, he's proposing potential riders for your team which well.... is what you asked for.

Edited by jatho

• 2 weeks later...

You are looking for talent, and then you argue that you have better riders? blink.gif

Lees mooi...

We have guys who are now Junior 1st year and in 2012 2nd year and will then join the 4 man team that we are making for 2012 in 2013. The reason we want to start the U23 team in 2012 is to get a nice view of how to runs it so it can be perfect for the guys coming in @ 2013...