Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge

mapit

Let me guess: you pay extra $$$ for a gps sender, do the race, then give it back. after the race you here the server crashed and only some people could do tracking.:blush:

Exactly the type of thing we are trying to avoid! No GPS unit, using your own phone on a tested system that can handle the type of numbers we will expect and we are going to keep the charge to a minimum and by that we mean under R100.

Yes especially for the kids race, we havent built a route for it this yet but with the live tracking we will most definitely look into it.

cheers! I actually meant so my kids can track me - but the other way round will be good as well (though I will be jogging around the 800m track with my kids so live tracking there may be overkill! :D )

Exactly the type of thing we are trying to avoid! No GPS unit, using your own phone on a tested system that can handle the type of numbers we will expect and we are going to keep the charge to a minimum and by that we mean under R100.

COOL!!!!! :clap:

As for the street view question, if you have a *.klm file on the site to download, we can view it on google earth.

cheers! I actually meant so my kids can track me - but the other way round will be good as well (though I will be jogging around the 800m track with my kids so live tracking there may be overkill! :D )

Hi-jack on "

Darcs - Will also be there with my son . . . Watch out for race number 39 !!! "

Hi-jack off

Hi-jack on "

Darcs - Will also be there with my son . . . Watch out for race number 39 !!! "

Hi-jack off

39 is going DOWN! :lol:

Edited by dracs

For the live tracking, as it is on the site today it's using our partner Altech Netstar Boomerang units, but these can be pricey for the individual. So we are building a mobile app that will use your phone GPS to track your location. Then your supporter/family member will be able to log onto a mobi site and check out how far you've cycled, your location and when you'll most likely finish. Great for finding you at the end! The GPS does take up quite a bit of battery life on your phone but will last at least 9 hrs which is plenty of time for a race like this.

Hell yeah. This sounds like the dog's nuts.