Carbon road frame build advice?

Chubba

Doing some work on a carbon road frame, any advice on what not to do or to be careful of?

Have a torque wrench and have the torque settings for the various components.

Doing some work on a carbon road frame, any advice on what not to do or to be careful of?

Have a torque wrench and have the torque settings for the various components.

Roadie!

If it has a carbon steerer tube, NO NOT use a starnut. Get an expander bolt, FSA makes a good one. Before you install the cranks, cover the chainstay with tape. Also get one of those chain catcher/guide goodies that's on sale in the classifieds.

If it has a carbon steerer tube, NO NOT use a starnut. Get an expander bolt, FSA makes a good one. Before you install the cranks, cover the chainstay with tape. Also get one of those chain catcher/guide goodies that's on sale in the classifieds.

Thanks will get the expander bolt.

Why do you cover the chain stays with tape? I understand this on a MTB, by why on a road frame?

For anyone else that’s interested Chain Catcher

Thanks will get the expander bolt.

Why do you cover the chain stays with tape? I understand this on a MTB, by why on a road frame?

For anyone else that’s interested Chain Catcher

The chain still slaps the chainstay and it sounds painfull. That is the chainguard but you can only use it with a braze on derailleur.