Tour of South Africa 2012 -Canceled

cyclenut

Dear Affiliates, Please see communication received from Vice President, William Newman, this morning regarding Tour of SA.

Kind regards

Sent: 07 November 2011 10:10 AM

To:

Cc:

Subject: FW: Tour of SA cancellation

Importance: High

Dear Colleagues

It is with grave disappointment that we have just this hour been informed that due to insufficient funding being procured, the 2012 Tour of South Africa has been cancelled.This is a very disappointing news, but a reality of our current economic situation. We will have to reconsider how best we try and make a National Tour a reality in the near future. Please refer any queries to the President or myself.

Yours in Cycling

William Newman

Vice President

Cycling South Africa_________________________________

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if i'm wrong . . . Didn't they say on Super Cycling they have 70% of the sponsorship funds for 2012 already . . . ?

I would prefer to wait for CSA to get a proper fully funded tour rather than a budget version that Greg Till suggested might be an option.

I'd actually like to find out what the last tour cost, how much of it came from sponsorship and how much from other sources.

:o

O God.....here comes another 35 pages of CSA bashing

Why not?

Edit: Not like they don't deserve it ?

Edited by Niner

I'd actually like to find out what the last tour cost, how much of it came from sponsorship and how much from other sources.

The budget for last year was 15 mil

Suprising how Kevin Vermaak can run a Multi Million rand event and make a profit

CSA only has excuses...

Well I wasn't surprised to read this.

and, that is the difference between Mr Vermaak and CSA... too many people wanting to push their own agenda that costs more money that what it actually requires....