Fork Service Workshop

Johan Bornman

I've had one person ask me to present a fork service workshop this weekend and then another asked me if I could service his fork over the weekend when he's in Jhb. I convinced him to come and do it himself.

Now we need three or four more DIYers to come and learn to do suspension forks.

Thus, this Saturday from 10:00 through to 14:00 I'm presenting a fork service workshop at the Yellow Saddle studios near Northcliff.

The cost is R550 per person/fork and includes notes, data, instruction, cleaning up, oil and cleaning consumables. It excludes fork seals and missing bits of hardware.

The objective of this workshop is to learn how to service one particular fork - yours. Learning how to do them all is outside the scope of this workshop.

We start at 10:00 sharp. You bring your (clean) fork, wear some old clothes and promise the family you'll be home mid-afternoon at the lastest.

I'll take three people. First come first serve. For this one, Rock Shox and Fox only.

As an added bonus I'll show you how to perform an air sleeve service on your Fox RP-series shock.

No PMs, telepathic messages or faxes. E-mail me. johanatyellowsaddledotceeodotzeda.

Great initiative. Just one question. Would this not void the warranty on your shock? assuming it has/had one

When is the next one in Cape Town.

I am tired of the bad service of the local LBS, time to do it myself

Great initiative. Just one question. Would this not void the warranty on your shock? assuming it has/had one

If it is time for a service, then warrantee has already expired.

This is one of the best courses you can do. It has saved me mega moola. If my Schwinn's fork feels funky, I nwo dont stress, I take 2hrs of my day and give it tlc and best of all: I am confident to do so. Planning on doing it again with my other bike.