check this profile

tunariaan

Okay, but lets be honest the climbs are all about 500m except for the one which is probably 800m?

Just because the one starts higher doesn't necessarily make it harder, in this case it does, but you also get flat races at high altitude.

Okay, but lets be honest the climbs are all about 500m except for the one which is probably 800m?

Just because the one starts higher doesn't necessarily make it harder, in this case it does, but you also get flat races at high altitude.

800m over 8km is still pretty badass - especially on foot since you can't freewheel down the other side.

There's a much bigger problem, though. The horizontal scale is completely wrong. Compare 80-83km and 33-40km, for example.

800m over 8km is still pretty badass - especially on foot since you can't freewheel down the other side.

There's a much bigger problem, though. The horizontal scale is completely wrong. Compare 80-83km and 33-40km, for example.

Which one is 40km?

Yeah, that elevation graph is not really a true reflection of the actual profile.

Edit: I think they should have stuck to intervals of 5Km and it would have a more accurate...

Edited by Tiny K

Edit: I think they should have stuck to intervals of 5Km and it would have a more accurate...

Hell, any interval would do so long as they stuck to the same one for the whole graph. You can't have 100px = 3km at one point and then 100px = 7km on the same axis.

What about the Argus vs Stage 18 of the 2011 TdF:

Kinda makes the Argus look really insignificant ... together with all my training and effort as well :(

There is a mystery pimple on the chappies profile.. was there a massive rockfall the day they created this profile?