Campy electric gruppo launched (finally)

Christie

From cyclingnews.com

For Campy fans who want better shifting: They claim it can shift under 70% higher chain load and gear changes are 25% faster compared to standard Super Record.

Big Q: How much will it cost?

Any idea if they have now catered for a detachable battery, as the crews were apparently charging the batteries on the bikes with looong extension cables in the Tour?

Any idea if they have now catered for a detachable battery, as the crews were apparently charging the batteries on the bikes with looong extension cables in the Tour?

Still looks like you charge on the bike but only every 1500-2000km. If battery goes, you need to replace complete wiring harness.

From the arcticle: 'But EPS will also uniquely offer riders a lever feel that more closely mimics mechanical systems for genuine tactile – and audible – feedback, not to mention even better multi-shift capability of current Record and Super Record groups, all at a weight penalty of around 200g.' :blink:

Wow! An ALFA'esque bicycle??!!

LOL. Can the Italians be trusted with electronics? Hopefully they've employed a German dude for this one.

Wow! An ALFA'esque bicycle??!!

laugh.gif having owned an Alfa I can safely say I won't be rushing out to purchase one of these groups. Also not keen on Di2.. more electronic stuff = more stuff to break.

I think it looks good, but i will wait for the Red Tree Frog to release theirs at 300g less and half the price.

Still I wouldn't hate a set on my boutique Sunday stroll bike one day...

laugh.gif having owned an Alfa I can safely say I won't be rushing out to purchase one of these groups. Also not keen on Di2.. more electronic stuff = more stuff to break.

Yeah, and with your track record that I read of in another thread, one less thing to break is great :thumbup:

As it is I have ruined a 2 race old tyre with a side wall shear.. didn't get puncture but can see light through the cut in the side wall :thumbdown:

I think it looks good, but i will wait for the Red Tree Frog to release theirs at 300g less and half the price.

Still I wouldn't hate a set on my boutique Sunday stroll bike one day...

You can sell me your slightly used one when you upgrade to Sram Purple or whatever it is in 2012 tongue.gif

You can sell me your slightly used one when you upgrade to Sram Purple or whatever it is in 2012 tongue.gif

SRAM is becoming a bit like Johnny Walker or Alcopop drinks with all the colours.

I reckon SRAM Green is next - all the environment hype has got to have the guys at SRAM going "green".

Yeah, and with your track record that I read of in another thread, one less thing to break is great :thumbup:

As it is I have ruined a 2 race old tyre with a side wall shear.. didn't get puncture but can see light through the cut in the side wall :thumbdown:

Yes, not to put too fine a point on it, on a scale of 0 to 10 my mechanical proficiency must be hovering around the -5 mark, where anything below 0 indicates a tendency to make the problem worse not better. Only electronic gizmo of any use to me is an early warning system that tells me what on my bike is about to kaput. Then I can at least hand the problem over to a capable individual to deal with before the race and not during.

Luke if you had to pedal an anvil you would break it. Then have no idea on how to put it back together again.