Wild Coast rides

TimW

Haven to Coffebay is day 3 of the Imana wild ride, so people in the area are used to cyclists.

Also, through funds raised by the wild ride, 22 clasrooms have been built at schools between Kei mouth and Umngazi, so there is a positive relationship between cycling and the comunity in that area. less than two weeks ago I was at a classroom handover just outside coffee bay.

Regarding riding chat to Nick Floris, or Rebecca van Der Linda (contact details on the wildride site).

I recall riding through a game reserve south of Hole in the wall that is worth a visit.

When are you going to be here? I'm based in port st johns at the moment, organising the Wild Coast Rampage. I'd be happy to take you out, if your in this area in the next few weeks.

PM me if you want routes.

I can send you garmin files.

Really awesome riding between Hole in the Wall and Haven.

The Wild Ride was two weeks ago and the reports where brilliant beaches to ride on. Otherwise just ride the cattle tracks and explore, the riding is better towards Haven.

• 2 months later...

I am planning a new year ride from Morgan bay to Mazzeppa bay, any company would be great!

Def get hold of me, I should be in Kei from New Year until whenever schools open, I want to do that ride again, I was thinking about it this morning. I hope you realise that ride should be done over 2 days, otherwise you are going to be caught by the tide. It's 40km to Mazeppa from the Kei River.

Def get hold of me, I should be in Kei from New Year until whenever schools open, I want to do that ride again, I was thinking about it this morning. I hope you realise that ride should be done over 2 days, otherwise you are going to be caught by the tide. It's 40km to Mazeppa from the Kei River.

Have had a bit of a change in plans, we have let our house in Morgan Bay so will only get down there at the end of Jan. I would split the ride into two days for sure, I have mapped out a route that may work but I suppose you just feel your way along most of the time along cattles tracks,beach and district roads?

Have had a bit of a change in plans, we have let our house in Morgan Bay so will only get down there at the end of Jan. I would split the ride into two days for sure, I have mapped out a route that may work but I suppose you just feel your way along most of the time along cattles tracks,beach and district roads?

I know the way between Kei and Wavecrest well, I ride there regularly. From Wavecrest it's mainly along the beach, and inland along cattle paths at Cebe village, towards the Cebe river, then back to the beach to Mazeppa?

I'll be keen on riding in Jan, so if anyone wants, get hold of me.