Cricket......

E1A104

This inaugural season of the MSL might just be a let down due to all the players being away but future editions may prove to be quite something. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna talk about Vern.

My theory, he's just too good a bowler for domestic cricket.

You have to be a really good batsmen to get the nicks, and many locals of a lower quality just play and miss whenever he gets a bit of movement.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8877/scorecard/1157639/cape-cobras-vs-dolphins-10th-match-4-day-franchise-series-2018-19

So this match currently on.

Vern has taken 2/44 and 1/49, and overshadowed by Dane Paterson who got 6/63 in the second innings

He did however score 104, and took the cobras from 5/65 to 6/293 with Pieter malan getting a 150.

I wanna talk about Vern.

My theory, he's just too good a bowler for domestic cricket.

You have to be a really good batsmen to get the nicks, and many locals of a lower quality just play and miss whenever he gets a bit of movement.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8877/scorecard/1157639/cape-cobras-vs-dolphins-10th-match-4-day-franchise-series-2018-19

So this match currently on.

Vern has taken 2/44 and 1/49, and overshadowed by Dane Paterson who got 6/63 in the second innings

He did however score 104, and took the cobras from 5/65 to 6/293 with Pieter malan getting a 150.

Love your Sharks pic .

Agree re Vern, but often his ripping the confidence out of batters at one end in a game like that allows the other bowlers to cash in on sticks. He’s a class act .

Very happy that he’s playing for Durban Heat in the T20 league

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]..the comment6bdca84896a6db9514e4938079f4891b.jpg

isnt this like the 3rd or 4th innings already ?

I'm not enjoying this new Aussie approach to cricket. They looked pretty tame today.

That was a klap.

They also came short against Pakistan

chasing 231... Proteas making a meal of it currently at 68/4. A few loose shots and a run out. 

chasing 231... Proteas making a meal of it currently at 68/4. A few loose shots and a run out. 

Like someone in one of my WhatsApp groups said:

[10:15, 11/9/2018] this is the typical sort of game we lose. Should have bowled them out for under 200

[10:15, 11/9/2018] will lose wickets all the way through stupidly

this starts today

anyone going to games??

• 4 weeks later...

So my Durban Heat been getting smoked the whole MSL season. Cracker innings from AB last night to post plenty . In interview he reckons difficult pitch as halftime. So we bat, rubbish for 4 after a few overs on a difficult wicket. Decide not watching anymore, rather watch some Champions League and fall asleep.

Thought I was seeing things when I read just now that we ended up 189/8 to win.

Nice . Must have been quite a chase.

I’ve enjoyed this MSL , been some good cricket

I have been to 2 games at newlands, and got my tix for the final booked.

Although it isn't really that different to the RAM SLAM T20, it does seem to have worked. there haven't been that many close games, but I think it's going to be a good base to work from. Smart money has to be on the Stars to take it, the Blitz rely on QdK way too much.

So my Durban Heat been getting smoked the whole MSL season. Cracker innings from AB last night to post plenty . In interview he reckons difficult pitch as halftime. So we bat, rubbish for 4 after a few overs on a difficult wicket. Decide not watching anymore, rather watch some Champions League and fall asleep.
Thought I was seeing things when I read just now that we ended up 189/8 to win.
Nice . Must have been quite a chase.

I’ve enjoyed this MSL , been some good cricket

Albie was brilliant.

but it has helped that the Spartans death bowlers are uber cr@p.

they conceded 101/0 in the last 5 overs on tues night.

and then it went from 41 off 18 to 17 off 12.

the bowler was rory kleinveldt, who I think was signed without being seen. He has spent the winter in england, but it looks like the pie shop at northants is now empty. probaby the most out of shape sportsman since john daly

https://youtu.be/j1x5Jw8x9ZM?list=UUJTXYWzeU_DykVAan95qtKg&t=929

Edited by juan pelota

havent been following MSL other than the odd blitz highlights.

that test down-under was a cracker with India dominating most of the game until the aussies tail came really close but fell 30runs short in the end. Really made the Indians sweat.

Should be great series (as long as Aussies can keep the great Virat quiet)!