Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even when Rory was "fit" he was still out of shape. Thank goodness cobras got rid of him and Levi

two things, don't think the cobras have actually got rid of him. It was a freemarket for the MSL

secondly, Levi is a quality T20 opener. he either comes off or he doesn't no f@#$ing around. I'm surprised he hasn't been more of a journeyman with all the T20 leagues around (so maybe i'm totally wrong)

thirdly. and with these two, things will expand

they actually play together in the UK

richard-levi1-northants_3313207.jpg?2015

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Rory+Kleinveldt+Northamptonshire+v+Kent+Specsavers+yCG6nz7fsikl.jpg

there MUST be a pub there that has a 2 for 1 pie and mash with strongbow special. 

IMO Levi is very far away from quality. He is so 1 dimensional. 

Any half decent bowler knows they need to keep the ball off his pads and he definitely wont last long. 

That wonder knock in NZ many moons ago was a great lesson on how not to bowl to Levi. He has struggled with any sort of consistency since then and im sure there of many club level openers with a better game all round game than Levi.

rory has been run out a few times i think because he's so freaking huge, for a professional cricket player, can't believe his teams have allowed him to get like that. 

But then he started bowling and he bowled really well. 

But not excuse for being so over weight.

IMO Levi is very far away from quality. He is so 1 dimensional. 

Any half decent bowler knows they need to keep the ball off his pads and he definitely wont last long. 

That wonder knock in NZ many moons ago was a great lesson on how not to bowl to Levi. He has struggled with any sort of consistency since then and im sure there of many club level openers with a better game all round game than Levi.

um, maybe and that was in 2012 on a tiny ground.

last season, in england, ave 46 SR 166

this season,  ave 29 @ SR 150

he might not score the most runs, but he definitely doesn't waste dot balls. if you have a batting heavy lineup then it's worth having a gamble type opener who can take the game away from the front.

I have been to 2 games at newlands, and got my tix for the final booked.

Although it isn't really that different to the RAM SLAM T20, it does seem to have worked.

the bowler was rory kleinveldt, who I think was signed without being seen. He has spent the winter in england, but it looks like the pie shop at northants is now empty. probaby the most out of shape sportsman since john daly

https://youtu.be/j1x5Jw8x9ZM?list=UUJTXYWzeU_DykVAan95qtKg&t=929

I was skeptical about SABC covering the MSL, but they stepped up nicely. Full coverage for all the matches! DSTV could not get that right with the Ram Slam or any of the previous versions of it. Interesting that the MSL franchises are owned by Cricket South Africa, so lets see what their financials look like at year end.

A few overweight players:

Kleynveld

The Vern

Fraailink

It was great seeing some international players coming out to play, just a pity Gayle went home with his mom passing away.

I would have liked to see more stats during the broadcast, but seeing that the broadcast was aimed at a different demographic, I can overlook this for now.

Top class cricket down under with both teams playing for a win... Aussies on top needing 5 wickets for victory on day5.

Top class cricket down under with both teams playing for a win... Aussies on top needing 5 wickets for victory on day5.

Doubt if the Indian tail will hang around until lunch

• 2 weeks later...

Go Dale Steyn. 422 record test sticks. Legend

Must say I’m a bit emotional watching this for Dale . Worked so hard to get back a few times. And he’s such a good ou.

Go Dale Steyn. 422 record test sticks. Legend

Must say I’m a bit emotional watching this for Dale . Worked so hard to get back a few times. And he’s such a good ou.

The Steyn Remover is one class act

Resilient despite so many setbacks

Michael Holding: "He's one of the best fast bowlers Ive ever seen. His passion..."

Big question

Does he have the longevity and desire for the magical 500?

Edited by 'Dale

The Steyn Remover is one class act

Resilient despite so many setbacks

Michael Holding: "He's one of the best fast bowlers Ive ever seen. His passion..."

Big question

Does he have the longevity and desire for the magical 500?

I think 500 is definitely Dale's aim. If he can stay fit and keep getting his wickets at his incredible strike rate then it should be a big possibility for him to get there. He is an incredible class act.

Doubt if Dale will be chosen for the team for the 20 tests he still needs to achieve that milestone

Based on what evidence?

Surely at the very least Dale deserves this series to show that he still is the class act we all know him to be.