Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My word that’s interesting, and somehow familiar.  As an uninvolved *interloper and observer in a few cricket association boxes at various stadiums around the country that really does ring true.  Administrators were in it for the benefits, lots of discussions about expensive booze and food and trips and ZERO concerning skills development in ekasi schools and associations.

* I’d be the only person in jeans or shorts and t-shirt and sometimes welcomed the suits as if I belonged there.  ????????????  The suits’ confused looks (including Gerald Majola) were always amusing to mates.

Docrat is right.

Edited by justinafrika

37 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

My word that’s interesting, and somehow familiar.  As an uninvolved *interloper and observer in a few cricket association boxes at various stadiums around the country that really does ring true.  Administrators were in it for the benefits, lots of discussions about expensive booze and food and trips and ZERO concerning skills development in ekasi schools and associations.

* I’d be the only person in jeans or shorts and t-shirt and sometimes welcomed the suits as if I belonged there.  ????????????  The suits’ confused looks were always amusing to mates.

Docrat is right.

Ja well I’ve been moaning about this for a while if you recall. So its refreshing (for lack of a better word) to see someone stand up and say “wait a minute guys, what have we done?”

jeans and t-shirt for the win! I was in the British Power box maaaaaany moons ago at the Oval, watching cricket in a suit is just not right ????. Did get a pic with a certain Whispering Death… I’ll look for the evidence ????

Edited by gemmerbal
Spelling

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Shebeen said:

INDIA v PAKISTAN

man what a result

and now the only Muslim player in the Indian team is getting threats of all sorts (Mohammad Shami)... the Indians are just too crazy. Must be said that the Indian/Pakistani rivalry is probably bigger than the Boks/All Black rivalry because of the political background.

https://www.news24.com/sport/cricket/t20worldcup/indian-cricket-star-horribly-abused-online-after-pakistan-humiliation-20211025

55 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

What the F is going on at Cricket SA:

"He (De Kock) has made himself unavailable for personal reasons."

https://ewn.co.za/2021/10/26/de-kock-opts-out-as-south-africa-bowl-against-west-indies-in-t20-world-cup

My guess is that it has something to do with "management". If it was a family emergency they would have said something along those lines.

SNAP!

From the Live Commentary feed on ESPNCricinfo:

Cricket South Africa has issued this statement on Quinton de Kock's decision to withdraw from today's game due to "personal reasons": "Cricket South Africa (CSA) has noted the personal decision by South African wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock not to "take the knee" ahead of Tuesday's game against the West Indies.

All players had been required, in line with a directive of the CSA Board on Monday evening, to "take the knee" in a united and consistent stance against racism. This is also the global gesture against racism that has been adopted by sportspeople across sporting codes because they recognise the power of sport to bring people together.

After considering all relevant issues, including the freedom of choice of players, the Board had made it clear it was imperative for the team to be seen taking a stand against racism, especially given SA's history. The Board's view was that while diversity can and should find expression in many facets of daily lives, this did not apply when it came to taking a stand against racism.

The Board will await a further report from team management before deciding on the next steps. All players are expected to follow this directive for the remaining games of the World Cup.

CSA thanks all other Proteas players for agreeing to unite and make such an important public stand against racism."