• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Met eish

875D70F1-4E42-4AA4-ADBF-76FE9422385D.jpeg

Yoh!

Luckily it seems we will not be recording our biggest test defeat this time, but it might make our top 5...

PS. 2002 was a tough season, results wise. 

2022-02-18 08_36_01-Window.png

22 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Yoh!

Luckily it seems we will not be recording our biggest test defeat this time, but it might make our top 5...

PS. 2002 was a tough season, results wise. 

2022-02-18 08_36_01-Window.png

Innings and 276 runs, thus our 2nd biggest defeat ever. :(

Hard one to understand after we toppled India. 

11 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Innings and 276 runs, thus our 2nd biggest defeat ever. :(

Hard one to understand after we toppled India. 

Ja nee - the team is in kakka 

Quarantine must’ve been very tough, no warm up matches of any kind to acclimatise especially for the bowlers and new combinations in the batting line up.

Markram averaging 9.7 in the last 10 innings, KP out of the system who saved the team’s azzzz against a threatening India as well as the massive loss of Quinton who is such a force of nature with the bat - met eish

On 2/19/2022 at 7:00 PM, 'Dale said:

Ja nee - the team is in kakka 

Quarantine must’ve been very tough, no warm up matches of any kind to acclimatise especially for the bowlers and new combinations in the batting line up.

Markram averaging 9.7 in the last 10 innings, KP out of the system who saved the team’s azzzz against a threatening India as well as the massive loss of Quinton who is such a force of nature with the bat - met eish

We were outplayed in every session. We are much better than this, combination of a lot of things going wrong at the same time.

I'm going to be too nervous to check the score tomorrow morning

13 hours ago, Shebeen said:

We were outplayed in every session. We are much better than this, combination of a lot of things going wrong at the same time.

I'm going to be too nervous to check the score tomorrow morning

Don’t need to be nervous. 238/3 is pretty steady.

6 hours ago, l4y3rcake said:

Don’t need to be nervous. 238/3 is pretty steady.

Hamza injured, might have given markram a final life line.  We will have to see later but the introduction of Mulder+maharaj was interesting as it changes the balance of what we had. I'm not sure if the swap of sipamla for Olivier improves things, or was it to do with the old quota chestnut. 

Long way to go here, good platform to level the series though.

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Solid performance from our boys this 2nd test!

2022-02-28 09_11_46-Window.png

indeed. I watched a bit in the dark hours of the morning - insomnia has it's occasional  advantages.

one thing I missed (they only have a NZ commentary team) was how good our local broadcaster is.

They miss a lot of replays, ball jags back to a play and miss and you never see it a second time as there's some aunty on the grass bank knitting that is more exciting?!

the commentary is basically made up of ex Black cap players who have retired in the past 5-10 years, and a prominent female player who retired 15 years ago. There's no actual media people, only basic analysis. Also lots of background noise from the production team.

I'm surprised they didn't get a south africa perspective in, i understand there's covid protocols but there's plenty of exSA players who live there. So there was so much missing from the opposition side that would be genuinely interesting to the local viewers. and since this was obviously the feed for SA as well (i assume no afrikaans/xhosa) not sure why SS didn't do something from their side.

They missed obvious things like this:

Verreyne's big break through innings, he has been given a huge opportunity with QdK quitting red ball, but has a lot of very good keeper/batsmen to keep out. His record with the bat for proteas has been very poor, he made his debut in the windies as an outfielder so is picked on his batting and will be expected to occupy the no6 slot (he averages 51 in FC cricket, very high for SA conditions).

The pressure KV took on from building the innings from a precarious position to stabilising and then kicking on was incredible.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/nz-vs-sa-2nd-test-kyle-verreynne-overcomes-doubts-and-criticism-to-show-glimpse-of-future-1303074

I'm honestly shocked that we managed to score over 350 twice with our batting lineup...

That said, amazing comeback after the first test. Pity it's only a 2-match series. Having a decider would be awesome.

Edited by Jehosefat

7 hours ago, Jehosefat said:

I'm honestly shocked that we managed to score over 350 twice with our batting lineup...

That said, amazing comeback after the first test. Pity it's only a 2-match series. Having a decider would be awesome.

I'm honestly not shocked to see south african cricket supporters being able to make negative comments even when things go well.

a 3 test series would have been cool, especially now that we've acclimatised it would have been a humdinger.

Lol, I've been making the comment that I would not back our team to score more than 250 an innings for the last 18 months. And two good innings certainly does not mean that our batting lineup is suddenly not very weak and short...