Good recovery drink/shake

zeepee

Trying Recovermax currently, had used PVM Re-ignite before that for a while, like it but it's not cheap and also the taste is very similar to their Octane drink so one tends to be gatvol of the taste after a long session, so the more "milky" taste of the Recovermax works well for me there. Did a long ride on the road bike today so will see how the Recovermax does, 1st time using it properly.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i use recover max as well, but only after real hard rides to help speed recovery for next day's training!! otherwise i use my own mix as well.

milk, 1/2teaspoons coffee, peanutbutter(no added sugar one), and then a scoop or 2 whey protein..depending on taste preference..

i also make my own energybars too(or at least my mom does), its cheap and you can put in what you like with no overdose of sugar!! but just a serving protein(25-30g) and a solid meal with good protein and carbs does the best job...you can never beat real foods!!

Use USN Recover Max sometimes but really enjoy a Spur Burger & chips much more. Normally after long hard rides, I'm sick of sweet stuff - that's when a juicy burger packed with protein, and chips with salt, go down really well. The bun and the chips add all the carbs you need and remember tomato is a fruit and lettuce is a vegetable. Yeah to real food! :clap:

Use USN Recover Max sometimes but really enjoy a Spur Burger & chips much more. Normally after long hard rides, I'm sick of sweet stuff - that's when a juicy burger packed with protein, and chips with salt, go down really well. The bun and the chips add all the carbs you need and remember tomato is a fruit and lettuce is a vegetable. Yeah to real food! :clap:

real food still nr 1 yes....also stop at spur on my way back sometimes...R20 bucks for a full breakfast :thumbup:

Soya milk in chocolate or strawberry - available at most supermarkets.

Affordable. Not high science.

And do not skip on plain good food.

I never used to have anything immediately after a hard ride or race... never felt hungry until much later that afternoon or evening. Then, after I upped my training significantly, I found I got really thin, and lost quite a lot of muscle mass (went down from 84Kg to about 75Kg during 4 months of hard training for Argus). I've been using USN Recovermax straight after a hard race or ride, for about the past 8 months now - don't particularly like the sweetness and flavours either, but easier to get down than food. And it carries me through until I eventually DO feel like eating later. Then it's usually flapjacks with honey, cinnamon and cream...! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Soya milk in chocolate or strawberry - available at most

Why soya milk particularly.Anyone know what it does?

Why soya milk particularly.Anyone know what it does?

Soya naturally contains all the essential aminos for muscle recovery, the problem I have with the milk though is it contains the fat and carbs of the drink, and its really the isolate you want.

Cows milk = No no, contains too many hormones and in the long run is worse.

Everyone says whey, BUT guys you need to understand the difference between a whey isolate and concentrate as there is a large difference and a big financial difference as well. The other thing is one of the posts showed a high % of carb to protein ration, again no no, you will only gain weight, you need a high % protein to carb ration, and something like 85%protein to 15% carb would be good. If you guys have any questions on recovery, its one of my fields of expertise feel free to ask ;-)

later

m