For The Campy Fans...

'Dale

"...Campy freaks. They wax eloquently about the curves and swooping lines of new components, create personal museums of old parts, can be stunned into silence and immobility by the sight of a complete boxed Campy tool set."

Soooo true! Thanks for this one, 'Dale. Damn good stuff (the article and its subject).

Shimano & SRAM: Brutto! Brutto!

"...Campy freaks. They wax eloquently about the curves and swooping lines of new components, create personal museums of old parts, can be stunned into silence and immobility by the sight of a complete boxed Campy tool set."

Soooo true! Thanks for this one, 'Dale. Damn good stuff (the article and its subject).

Shimano & SRAM: Brutto! Brutto!

Yeah, well written.

That is how I feel about my fave cycling things... :blush:

Read the whole article now - pretty interesting. Explains why Campy is so much more expensive than Shimano and Sram.

Would love a campy grouppo but at almost 1.5 times the price compared between Sram Force and Campy Chorus, I am sorry, but Sram wins hands down for value for money.

Edited by Tiny K

Read the whole article now - pretty interesting. Explains why Campy is so much more expensive than Shimano and Sram.

Would love a campy grouppo but at almost 1.5 times the price compared between Sram Force and Campy Chorus, I am sorry, but Sram wins hands down for value for money.

Thought you might enjoy the article.

I see in your future a Bianchi with Bora and Campy!

After 30...

:thumbup:

Wow

That's the best article I think I've read the whole year. Such an awesome story of a company who stick to their values and don't chase down the $ at every opportunity. It will be interesting to see how they survive the next few years.

Think my next bike might just have to have Campag!

Wow

That's the best article I think I've read the whole year. Such an awesome story of a company who stick to their values and don't chase down the $ at every opportunity. It will be interesting to see how they survive the next few years.

Think my next bike might just have to have Campag!

Well I have a choice between SRAM Red and Campy Chorus 11 speed...Think I'll go with Campy :thumbup: Great article!!

Well I was having to decide between Sram Force and Campy - unfortunately the price of campy is too much for me - was going to go for Chorus 11spd = R11K at complete cyclist, houtbay.

@grootbaas - seeing that your other option was Red, try go Record if the price is right :thumbup:

Beautiful stuff :drool:

Well I have a choice between SRAM Red and Campy Chorus 11 speed...Think I'll go with Campy :thumbup: Great article!!

Untill you have to replace chain and cassette.

Getting a new bike soon, and after that article it just made me more excited that I stayed with Campy. Was tempted by Sram, but man Campy is just so cool and the passion of the guys are beautiful. I have been riding campy for 8 years now, 3rd campy groupset coming up and had, had an awesome time. My Chorus groupset on my bike now has been going on for ages and has given me no problems ever! Just love looking at there stuff...

Thanks for the great link... :thumbup:

That article has had a similar reaction on other forums that I frequent. A company can spend millions on advertising a year, yet the power of an article like that is probably worth more than their whole annual marketing budget.

I'm personally tired of the rampant greed that has led to everything we consume being manufactured in China only because they pay their staff slave wages. I will happily support companies like Campagnolo, even if it means I can only afford their second or third tier groupsets.