Argus 2012

BLACKvoodoo

Talking of which, what's your longest time?

Mine was 7 hr something in 2009 - the year of the horrendous wind (mind you the wind is horrendous most of the time down there)

If you have no other plans for the day...then do it on a mountain bike...you will be on the road for longer, which means better value for money...Don't make any early dinner plans for that evening though ;-)

Works for gholf also.Many shots is value for money!

Nah, slicks are so unslick on a MTB. Unless of course you want to ..... wait for it ... do a ..... waaaaait for it .... SUB 3

SUB 3 !?!? I just want to finish.

If you do not own a roadbike and only a mtb, slicks will definately help you during the race even if someone is just trying to finish.

I'm doing my 5th argus now on a MTB. MY current 26er has the same gear ratio as a road bike and I did it with slicks. I'm upgrading to a 29er at the end of the month with the standard gear ratio. MTB - MUCHbetterON THE BUM

I'm doing my 5th argus now on a MTB. MY current 26er has the same gear ratio as a road bike and I did it with slicks. I'm upgrading to a 29er at the end of the month with the standard gear ratio. MTB - MUCHbetterON THE BUM

If your bum gets sore from riding the Argus, you are doing it too slowly, it should be over before your bum can hurt ;)