Fox fork shudder

MTB_Roadie

New seals "etc" won't cure bushing play. And your man "up there" will be Johan Bornman !

Bushes etc was what I meant by 'seals etc' .... my forks are 5yrs old with about 15 000km on them. Got serviced (badly) by agents in CT last year now oil leaks and lots of play!!

I also have this exact same issue on my XTC 29er at the moment. Still trying to figure out where the problem lies.

Same symptom on my XTC29er, new brake pads sorted the problem (and improved braking performance!)

• 4 weeks later...

My 29er Anthem just picked up a shudder and guess.... yip! The FOX Shock! Now its holidays, nobody can fix it and just for fun I'm having to train for the ATTA! And I hear its not the first 29er Fox shock going busted within 1 year of rather rustige riding! :thumbdown:

My 29er Anthem just picked up a shudder and guess.... yip! The FOX Shock! Now its holidays, nobody can fix it and just for fun I'm having to train for the ATTA! And I hear its not the first 29er Fox shock going busted within 1 year of rather rustige riding! :thumbdown:

No need to take it in. Fix it yourself.

1) Sand the brake discs with course emery paper =- 80 grit or so. Work hard at it, sanding all along the front and rear part of the disc on the braking track. You want to end up with a dull satin finish. No shiny bits.

2) Now remove your brake pads and sand them using a much finer paper. Again, sand until you find no shiny bits. Place a sheet of water paper (waterproof sanding paper) on a flat surface and lay the pad on that, face down. Now sand with a Figure 8 motion until all shiny bits are gone.

3) Replace the lot and go and break in your brakes. Do this by perfoming a series of gentle stops totalling about three minutes all in all.

Shudder will be gone.