Rider down at Kyalami

Li Mu Bai

Does anyone know the condition of the lady who fell at the base of the steep hill this evening?

When I left the paramedics were still attending to her.

O shame, it was too aweful seeing her lying there :(

I do hope she is alright, but looked like she was out cold for about 20 minutes and still was when the ambulance arrived :unsure:

yes, it happened as i crested the westbank hill. I got stung by a bee on the way down funny enough and there she was, fallen and unconscious. luckily she was breathing and lying on her stomach, so did not have to be moved and risk more injury. One chap called for an ambulance, crazy how hard it is to remember a number in an actual emergency. At least most of the riders coming down the hill, slowed down when asked to do so and passed safely, avoiding further problems.

I hope she was ok, she was unconscious for a long time.

I was stung on my forearm by a bee coming down the mineshaft a week ago. Maybe this woman was also stung and she is allergic or maybe she was stung in the face.

There were bikes all over the show! When i came down the hill it looked like a few had gone down but they might have just stopped to help her so im not sure. It was heartbreaking seeing her lying there out cold for so long :(

Does anyone have news on her condition?. It looked like she was hurt quite bad.

Edited by Falco

A female rider came down hard at Kyalami last night at the bottom of wesbank hill.

It looked quite serious and they had to get the ambo out on the track.

Anyone have a update on her condition?

Shame she wasn't in good shape, I hope she is ok and recovers quickly. Not cool seeing a fellow cyclist down and out for so long :thumbdown:

It was very concerning to see how long it took for medical help to arrive.

+1

We ride at Kyalami at our own risk, we all know that, but you would think that at high usage times they could have better contingency plans in place for accidents.

With hundreds of complete noobs on the track, training for 94.7, this type of thing is inevitable.

Kyalami has the staff and facilities to handle accidents, it just needs to be a bit better organised.