SLX Chainwheel

Motard660

I bought a Merida about 6 months ago that came standard with a SLX chainwheel. Yesterday while doing some cycling I heard a strange noise and think it could be from the chainwheel. The noise is only there when I am putting some strain while peddle, but if stop peddle, the noise is gone. That gave me the suspicion that it could originate from the chainwheel. To describe the noise.....like a squeaking sound????? <_< :unsure: Do anybody know what could be wrong or even what I must do to get rid of this irritating noise. :unsure:

Edited by Motard660

Could be lube? I had the same issue untill I lubed up propperlyI realised I was not putting enough on the chain. No more weird sounds after that.

Edited by Pieter1

Could be lube? I had the same issue untill I lubed up propperlyI realised I was not putting enough on the chain. No more weird sounds after that.

Thank you....I will give it a try :clap:

except ifyou are chuck norris I think it is very unlikely that the chain wheal it selfis making any noise. it is most probably the conduit of the vibration. If it isnot your chain it will be your BB. I have found that if it is your bb youwill feel it when you move the crank with your hand. it will feel ruff.

Thank you....I will give it a try :clap:

Hope it sorts it out. :thumbup:

Could also be the saddle - tighten the seatpost clamp properly, and pay some attention to the bolt that secures the saddle onto the seatpost. I know mine creaks when I pedal, due to the changes in weight distribution etc.

If those are both moerse tight, then check the handlebar clamps. Then the pedals, and then the BB...