Average speed & riding time

Rydogg

Is there anyway to get my cycling computer to give my average speed and ride time as the total ride time? i.e. I don't want it to stop counting when I stop for a few minutes.

I have a Cateye Velo wireless. (I know, probably not possible)

Have not used one of these before but think there should be an auto start & stop function.

Turn off the auto function. This should then keep the computer running.

My plain old simple Nokia N8, using Sportstracker, allows you to define whether you want to auto pause based on you dropping below a preset speed, or switch it off altogether. I would think most should offer this option. Surely?

Have not used one of these before but think there should be an auto start & stop function.

Turn off the auto function. This should then keep the computer running.

+1 Auto. Check the manual, but if i remember correctly, press mode until you get to the "ODO" screen. Then press the reset button at the back *one short press*. Hope this works

Cateye is probably the only computer on the market that has an option to manually start stop.

Somewhere in the instruction manual, it will tell you how to set it up. Once set up, the computer won't switch itself off every time you stop and won't start up every time you move the bike.

I had the wired version of your Velo and I had it set up for manual start/stop.

Edited by Eugene