Newbie to cycle in Cape Town

AIRMAVRICK

Hi Guys,

Im driving down to Cape town on Friday with my Fiance to attend a wedding and also finalise ours, so my trusted steed will be joining me.

I always read how awesome it is to ride in Cape Town and the surrounding areas, so I need to give it a go!

I will most probably ride by myself/ or maybe join a morning ride. I

will be able to ride on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

I will be based in the Milnerton areas. Any suggestions on where to go?

Mat

Here we go:

Milnerton (North Gate Island)

Province: Western Cape

Tel: 021 510 5329

Fax: 021 510 5391

Email: retailmanagerni@cyclelab.com

Retail Hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 18:00 Saturdays: 08:00 – 15:00 Sundays: CLOSED Public Holidays: 09:00 – 13:00

Edited by Alpina

Here we go:

Retail Hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 18:00 Saturdays: 08:00 – 15:00 Sundays: CLOSED Public Holidays: 09:00 – 13:00

Wasn't the question about routes?

Do C'lab ride from northgate?

City Cycling Club leave from Edgemead Sports Fields at 7.00am sharp every Saturday morning for a lekker ride. this Saturday 26th we will be riding to Llandudno and back, the distance is ± 80 k's. Sunday , we depart from the Letchworth Drive, Edgemead BP Service Station , also at 7.00am to Stellenbosch & back (±80 k's). This coming Saturday is the DC so a lot of riders will be out in S'dam. City CC ride regardless, we will only miss a weekend if Xmas is taking place.

Wasn't the question about routes?

Do C'lab ride from northgate?

They have rides and will know who else has rides in the area.

Here we go:

Retail Hours:

North Gate Island isn't in Milnerton, it's in Brooklyn/Ysterplaat and i don't think they have rides from that cycelab store.

Hey Mat... depends on what you want to ride, and how far you want to go.

Road. Lots of riders on the road from Green Point to Chappies (and further on from there). Gives you an chance to see some of the most scenic spots in CT.

If you're on the MTB, Tokai to Silvermine is always a nice ride.

Both of these are about 15-20 minutes from Milnerton.

Hey Mat... depends on what you want to ride, and how far you want to go.

Road. Lots of riders on the road from Green Point to Chappies (and further on from there). Gives you an chance to see some of the most scenic spots in CT.

If you're on the MTB, Tokai to Silvermine is always a nice ride.

Both of these are about 15-20 minutes from Milnerton.

sorry guys, FAIL by me... Im riding on a MTB and preferably want to ride some MTB routes.

I was keen for Tokai, but family and friends say I shouldnt ride by myself..

sorry guys, FAIL by me... Im riding on a MTB and preferably want to ride some MTB routes.

I was keen for Tokai, but family and friends say I shouldnt ride by myself..

Never had any safety issues at Tokai or Silvermine. And there is usualy enough riders there on a weekend to make you feel safe. Other option is one the Tygerberg trials, which is a lot closer to Milnerton. (http://www.tygerbergmtb.co.za/)

Hi Guys,

Im driving down to Cape town on Friday with my Fiance to attend a wedding and also finalise ours, so my trusted steed will be joining me.

I always read how awesome it is to ride in Cape Town and the surrounding areas, so I need to give it a go!

I will most probably ride by myself/ or maybe join a morning ride. I

will be able to ride on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

I will be based in the Milnerton areas. Any suggestions on where to go?

Mat

PS. Need a photographer for your wedding? ;)

Get in touch with Gary from Cycles Direct 0215542128, they have MTB rides usually on both Sat (Table Mountain) and Sun morning (Contermans/ Meerendal) both of which are ridden to, so no issues with needing a car.

Edited by Mackem

North Gate Island isn't in Milnerton, it's in Brooklyn/Ysterplaat and i don't think they have rides from that cycelab store.

Let the OP phone them and find out.

Get in touch with Gary from Cycles Direct 0215542128, they have MTB rides usually on both Sat (Table Mountain) and Sun morning (Contermans/ Meerendal) both of which are ridden to, so no issues with needing a car.

thanks guys,

will investigate both options...

Yip we have a photographer hopefully they will pull off some magic from thier side.. hahahaha

So I arrived this afternoon in C.T unpacked and geared up the bike and headed my way to meerendal. Was greeted by a friendly crowd and decided to do the red route and extend with the blue route.

Stairway to heAven very cool and that jeep trail climb to the top is pretty cool. Like always you are rewarded with a awesome single track with a nice rocky drop off.

Not the most intense route but really enjoyable.

Thanks for the suggestion guys

Mat