Buying a Giant XTC 2010 models 26"

mmduplessis

Hi all,

i need some solid advise.

i am in the process of buying 2 Giant XTC's (XTC se1 and XTC2)

This will be for me and the Wife... this is our first bikes.

we hear everybody raving about 29er all the time, do you think that i must rather wait and save up for 29er's? or will these bike be ok until we diside to take it to the next level?

I'm not sure there is much of a price difference with the hard tails?

As far a yes or no, that is a big can of worms. But my opionon is look at what the pros who have multiple bikes ride on generally in mass participants on events/fun rides.. Generally 29er. There would be no discussions if it was me, 29er.

A bike that you can feel under your bum is always much better than one that you dream about in your head.

The Giant XTC is a good solid bike and people have been riding and racing 26ers forever. Also consider your wifes' size, if she is petite, a 26er may well be better for her anyhow. The fact that the 29er craze came along recently does not suddenly make 26ers obsolete. In a year or two, when you know exactly what type of riding you want to do, buy a new bike for the that specific job, which may well be a 29er.

If the price is good, the bikes are the right sizes and in good shape with good components, buy them now and start riding.

A bike that you can feel under your bum is always much better than one that you dream about in your head.

Reading that again, perhaps I should have said that the best is to have a real one under your bum while dreaming about your next bike!

The Giant XTC is a good solid bike and people have been riding and racing 26ers forever. Also consider your wifes' size, if she is petite, a 26er may well be better for her anyhow. The fact that the 29er craze came along recently does not suddenly make 26ers obsolete. In a year or two, when you know exactly what type of riding you want to do, buy a new bike for the that specific job, which may well be a 29er.

If the price is good, the bikes are the right sizes and in good shape with good components, buy them now and start riding.

Excellent advice.

I had an XTC 2 SE for a few years, it was solid, handled crisply and never let me down. Great bike.