Ipad help needed

Tuxstir

hi

i recently got myself a ipad 2

and have come across 1 small issue..

i cant reply..

if i press the quick reply section the browser closes, if i use the full editor.. i can not type.

if i use the reply to button it also wont let me type..

i have noticed another topic with the same query but not forth coming solution was presented.

i am using the full version of the sight.. selection the mobile site at the bottom of the screen does not have any effect.. just refreshers the page

thanks

desperate tedibear

Responding from my iPad using stock standard safari. Suggest you maybe do a software upgrade to 5 again and see if it helps. If you search for the iPad iOS 5 or now 5.01 Ipsw file and download it from apple, you can do a restore and see if that

Edited by cyberaver

okay just in case you need some assistance.

the download location for the ipsw file you will need is official apple ipsw download (assumption - ipad 2 3g model) let me know if its not as you'll need a different file then

Its fairly big, use Firefox or a download manager to make sure you don't waste bandwidth having to download multiple times due to failures

once you have the file downloaded

open iTunes

connect your ipad

back up your ipad.

now hold shift key (windows) and click on restore. browse to the ipsw file and let it do its thing. this will ensure you get a full install and after you can setup your device using your backup

Edited by cyberaver

The easiest solution....

Get rid of th flApple Ipad and get a decent Android tablet.

All your problems will be over.

Funny enough I have never had these issues even before I upgraded software. Only thing is I cannot upload pics in my posts. The IOS5 AND 5.01 upgrade is available from Istore, Digicape or Ifix in Cpt. Just take along a flash drive to download and then install at home as Admin suggested, just make sure to click on Restore and not Update. Alternatively you can have them do it for you and takes about 20min while you go do some shopping.

The easiest solution....

Strangely enough I have a friend who 1st bought an Iphone and then later purchased an 10" Galaxy and the same day dropped the tab and landed face down. Maybe Steve had something to do with that.Hmmm.

The easiest solution....

that's like stabbing yourself in the heart to try cure yourself of heartburn. Its not going to help, its gonna be painful and certainly isnt going to put you in a better position because you then have an android device to contend with.

The easiest solution....

have a android phone...

think i'll keep the ipad thanks.. its not as data hungry as the android.

besides i wanted the best

Responding from my iPad using stock standard safari. Suggest you maybe do a software upgrade to 5 again and see if it helps. If you search for the iPad iOS 5 or now 5.01 Ipsw file and download it from apple, you can do a restore and see if that

will do that this weekend..