Dilemia - please help

Tuxstir

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do i make the Silver back a single speed and flog it. or put the 8 speed group back on

• Single speed
    • 8 speed group

Hi

the misses this week Informs me I have tooooooo many bicycles.. ( I still say one can never own too many bikes, its like woman and there shoes )

and I have to get ride of a few.. and she wont take no for an answer ( and if I want any.. any time soon I need to make a plan )

post-12682-0-17608200-1321811825.jpg

so now I can start getting ride of some of the bikes I'm not using ( like her cannondale old school frame , and the DHC track frame thats a wee bit small for me and gave to her, which she complete forgot I did)

but my real problem problem is what To do with the Silver Back ( also hers, Unwanted )

its got fantastic wheels but alas don't fit any other bike V-brakes. now was going to make it a single speed and almost done.. but do i put the 8 speed group back on or leave it SS. and flog it?

now some stuff is not too bad, lx cranks with xt chain rings . doere front derailer , xt wheels, and with a few more good components would be a fantastic bike.

post-12682-0-41231200-1321812216.jpg

what do you think

I think you should get rid of the missus and keep all the bikes...

Edited by Eraser

Hi

the misses this week Informs me I have tooooooo many bicycles.. ( I still say one can never own too many bikes, its like woman and there shoes )

and I have to get ride of a few.. and she wont take no for an answer ( and if I want any.. any time soon I need to make a plan )

post-12682-0-17608200-1321811825.jpg

so now I can start getting ride of some of the bikes I'm not using ( like her cannondale old school frame , and the DHC track frame thats a wee bit small for me and gave to her, which she complete forgot I did)

but my real problem problem is what To do with the Silver Back ( also hers, Unwanted )

its got fantastic wheels but alas don't fit any other bike V-brakes. now was going to make it a single speed and almost done.. but do i put the 8 speed group back on or leave it SS. and flog it?

now some stuff is not too bad, lx cranks with xt chain rings . doere front derailer , xt wheels, and with a few more good components would be a fantastic bike.

post-12682-0-41231200-1321812216.jpg

what do you think

There is no chain.thats why the missis was struggling man!!you are cruel!!

Is there a single single speed bike in that picture?

if you look carefully you'll notice the dmr single speed kit on the silverback,, just know chain..

and if you look really really careful you'll see in the back he furthest bike.. a black one. its a a fixie

so 2

There is no chain.thats why the missis was struggling man!!you are cruel!!

nah not cruel just not completed yet...

The correct number of bikes to own is n + 1

Or x-1 where x is the number it would take for your wife to divorce you.

I don't understand the SS thing,why would we want to go back to the "Ossewa" :unsure: <_< <_< :unsure:

Simplicity, its lighter, easier to clean, easier to maintain, looks way awesomer, for just a few reasons

Or x-1 where x is the number it would take for your wife to divorce you.

:lol: That is the category most of us fall into...

What Cannondale old school frame are you referring to?

;)

will have to check the exact model later tonight.

but is a ali frame with place for downtube shifters and a carbon 1" threaded fork.

size i think is a 56cm c-c seattube

Simplicity, its lighter, easier to clean, easier to maintain, looks way awesomer, for just a few reasons

how does it ride?

Show your wife the picture of Ron Thomson's bike collection in Visi, The Hidden Issue. As he says, it's warehouse with a house attached.

I don't understand the SS thing,why would we want to go back to the "Ossewa" :unsure: <_< <_< :unsure:

Oh, you are so uncool! No fashion, no hipness, no see-and-be-seen. I bet you don't even have any skinny jeans, or hang out at art galleries on Friday evenings (not just for the free wine and snacks).