94.7 HRM profile - overdone?

Scooterza

My brother sent me his heart rate profile for today's race. He is 36 - I said he rides too hard and needs to watch out. What do you think?

http://i39.tinypic.com/359l3ma.jpg

My HRM profile looks worse than that after a hard race / ride, with majority of time in the "Red zone" of between 175 to 185 bpm. And I am 46 years young.

My HR profile looked about the same for yesterday and so did my friends. Dont think its a cause for concern....esp in a race.

My ave HR for yest was 79!

Edited by eyecandy

My brother sent me his heart rate profile for today's race. He is 36 - I said he rides too hard and needs to watch out. What do you think?

http://i39.tinypic.com/359l3ma.jpg

What do you mean that he needs to watch out? Watch out for what?

The reason you ride with a HRM is basically so you can see how many "matches" you are buring during a ride. Every time you hit the "red zone" you are buring a match witch means that you might run out of energy/legs etc before the you finish the ride.

An HRM is not worn to protect your hart, believe me your body is VERY cappable of doing so by itself....you should collapse before you are doing damage.....unless there is a underlying condition allready = but I am refering to a normal person with reasonable fitness here.......

79!? Did you watch it in bed? ;)

:P

I did take it a bit easy tho. Ive only ever ridden mtbikes so the road bike is a bit foreign to me & took a bit of getting used to. Ive only been on it 3x.

Thats my excuse :lol:

Thanks for the responses. Jonnow, both my brother and I use an app called Sports Tracker. (www.sports-tracker.com). Very cool. Also try www.endomondo.com, www.micoach.com.

We bought the heart rate monitor belts from Sports-tracker. BEWARE - these belts don't work with other HRM software.

I often dont use a HRM for most races... Somehow it makes you worry if you're red-lining at 175+ BPM for more than 20 minutes at a time. If you didn't blow or bonk or hit the wall or whatever you want to call it, then you didn't push too hard, irrespective of the HR profile