Spez SL4 upgraded

andretraut

What brake pads are you using?

My 2012 wheelset came standard with the new Zipp Pro pad (grey) made by Swisstop. I think the 2011 models came with Zipp cork stoppers!

My 2012 wheelset came standard with the new Zipp Pro pad (grey) made by Swisstop. I think the 2011 models came with Zipp cork stoppers!

I've been running the yellow swisstops. They work great, but doesn't seem like they will last very long. Another reason why these are race wheels only.

Very very nice. That looks 10 x better than it did with those Roval wheels on it. I'm not sure what it is about Rovals but they just don't do it for me. Too many decals maybe.

You still need to sort out some decent bottle cages please!

Very very nice. That looks 10 x better than it did with those Roval wheels on it. I'm not sure what it is about Rovals but they just don't do it for me. Too many decals maybe.

You still need to sort out some decent bottle cages please!

Thanx for the compliment. The Rovals are my training wheels, maybe a bit to ostentatious, but still a good wheelset. Regarding the bottle cages, I think the Spez Ribcage is the best there is.

I've been running the yellow swisstops. They work great, but doesn't seem like they will last very long. Another reason why these are race wheels only.

I use the same, even for training, noticed the other day the pads already worn off quite a lot :thumbdown: so will be putting my old pads back on while training

I use the same, even for training, noticed the other day the pads already worn off quite a lot :thumbdown: so will be putting my old pads back on while training

Yeah they wear down seriously quickly. Too expensive to ride with those all the time. Bit of a mission swapping out brake pads every time you swap wheels, but hey, would be worse :rolleyes: