Got a Dog and Singletrack?

Gunzo

Lovely footage.

Question: I am Gauteng based and have an english pointer that enjoys a good run on the singletrack.

I took him out to Teak Place once or twice for 8-10km which he loved.

Dogs understandably are not often welcomed at MTB venues.

Are you aware of any venues within close range of JHB that would allow dogs (under control) to accompany riders..?

That is so cool!! My little guy loves running next to my bicycle at the dog park. Would love to get him one of those rear wheel leads but where to ride with him? Have previously attached my action cam to him. Seems to make him do weird and naughty stuff tho like marking humans as his territory and beating up other dogs.

i also have an english pointer . i take him and my german pointer around Delta Park and Frattellis etc they love it.

i also have an english pointer . i take him and my german pointer around Delta Park and Frattellis etc they love it.

Thanks Zuludog.

Delta Park does seem to make the most sense, I have considered it but not ridden there yet. I will give it a try.

In fact like you we also have a young German Short haired Pointer too who's almost ready for this type of thing.

• 6 months later...

HI Guys, I know this is an older thread,...

Would anyone happen to know of any good MTB / trail running areas in KZN that are dog friendly?

IE: running off the leash...

Cheers

I would love to have my dog with me while cycling, not sure if the "other people" sharing the track would though, 3 x Rottie's ripping a jeep track..............NICE

I don't ride a MTB and I don't have a dog, but if I did, this would have been my dog's destiny.

Saw it on Prolly is not Probably:

Link

http://vimeo.com/31463317

YOU DON'T HAVE A DOG AND YOU DON'T RIDE A MOUNTAIN BIKE......WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU????

Guest TheEpicOne

Hey all you Hubbers!

Hope you are all having a awesome week so far!!!

I was just wondering how many of the people on the hub take their dogs with them while riding those single tracks? or even do bikejoring?

Imagine what cool footage you can get if the gopro is on your dogs back taking the video!!!!

Would like to hear your thoughts!!!

Cheers

Love riding with my dog but she's too fast uphill and I'm too fast downhill!! We travel around town nicely though. Wore my front brake out teaching her. Don't do it as much as I used to because we have a four-pack now... Bikejoring...there's a thought. I looked at skijoring harnesses once. Mmmm.

My lab used to run with me around the Rhodes Memorial Blockhouse ride but she is too old for that now. I even got her a pair (2 pairs actually) of booties after she ran her pads raw. Uphill she waited for me, downhill I waited for her. They learn quickly not to run in front of you and you learn quickly to anticipate when they are going to do that. It helps to have a dog that is trained to heel and to come when called. I would hesitate to do it with a dog that I cannot control when coming across other riders or hikers.