West Coast Express. Bad manners FAIL

stratus5

We had a great race from G group, with some experienced Outriders helping to dictate the pace and to make sure the load on front was shared by through and offs etc.

Huge effort from Corne Buys and four of the stronger outriders, kept the peleton moving fast down the last 10 km, whilst a large bunch enjoyed the tow, which I have no problems with :rolleyes:

In the final sprint, Gerard Genis and Dennis Laminga broke clear and finished one, two over the line. After all there hard work on the front, they sat up to congratulate each other, when two riders who had not been seen on the front in the last few km, sprinted for the timing mats to finish one,two on racetec timing.

Thats really *** guys!

Whilst G group may not be important in the bigger scheme of things, manners are! Please have the common decency to not jump the queue for the mats in the future. Its may be less of a sin if you are mid group, but to take the first two positions is like buying fake degrees.

So well done Magill, Archie and Jennings, Raymond NOT!

We had a great race from G group, with some experienced Outriders helping to dictate the pace and to make sure the load on front was shared by through and offs etc.

Huge effort from Corne Buys and four of the stronger outriders, kept the peleton moving fast down the last 10 km, whilst a large bunch enjoyed the tow, which I have no problems with :rolleyes:

In the final sprint, Gerard Genis and Dennis Laminga broke clear and finished one, two over the line. After all there hard work on the front, they sat up to congratulate each other, when two riders who had not been seen on the front in the last few km, sprinted for the timing mats to finish one,two on racetec timing.

Thats really *** guys!

Whilst G group may not be important in the bigger scheme of things, manners are! Please have the common decency to not jump the queue for the mats in the future. Its may be less of a sin if you are mid group, but to take the first two positions is like buying fake degrees.

HAHA! Bunch of panzies....what was their race numbers?

Thats really *** guys!

Yeah, same happened when we finished - and we were group N, where it really doesn't matter, if you are first or not. Except for some tool who decides, despite being told to slow down before the timing mats, that this would be his opportunity. Almost crashing into everyone else...

Edited by ibruegge

Maybe there were just racing each other? Who cares who wins group G, as long as you beat your buddy.

Talk about bad manners - those riders who decided to go for a ride via Blouberg and then Koeberg, who clearly forgot that they didn't have road closure at this time, don't come and moan on theHub when a motorist knocks you and half your DC team down on Koeberg road. Blocking the whole left lane as well as half of the middle lane will only get you into trouble.

I was the guy who patiently sat behind you lot with my hazards on. When I came past you on Plattekloof and my wife told you guys to please try and ride in single file on roads with no shoulder, you decided that it was appropriate to use bad language at us.

I'm not going to put team names on here, but be sure that your sponsors got a report of the incident.

Talk about bad manners - those riders who decided to go for a ride via Blouberg and then Koeberg, who clearly forgot that they didn't have road closure at this time, don't come and moan on theHub when a motorist knocks you and half your DC team down on Koeberg road. Blocking the whole left lane as well as half of the middle lane will only get you into trouble.

I was the guy who patiently sat behind you lot with my hazards on. When I came past you on Plattekloof and my wife told you guys to please try and ride in single file on roads with no shoulder, you decided that it was appropriate to use bad language at us.

I'm not going to put team names on here, but be sure that your sponsors got a report of the incident.

NAME AND SHAME!! I want to know who not to greet while cycling ;)

Maybe there were just racing each other? Who cares who wins group G, as long as you beat your buddy.

They had a few meters between them at the finish line. They were shouted at, turned around to acknowledge the shout, but still sprinted for the timing mats, which were about 200m after the finish line.

Its like jumping the long left turning queue on the freeway . Why not just go to the front and turn across, juust like the taxi's do? Queing is for sissies. Who cares if you are going to be a few seconds later. It does not matter in the big picture, but I am sure it still pisses you off :blush:

Its cheating as well. To claim a position that does not reflect your position over the finish line should not be condoned, regardless of how lowly a group like G is.

NAME AND SHAME!! I want to know who not to greet while cycling ;)

Or who's spokes need a bit of a pump :P

snip snip

While I think of it - email PPA your rant. They have the clout to change their times to the last two in the bunch.

talk about road manners - It starts at the top : so I leave from home to drive to the West Coast Express, drive down Plattekloof Road to turn right into Koeberg. Two motor bikes come from the back, drive past me, both drivers in PPA Marshal outfit. They stop at the red robot. It is six in the morning, but there are other drivers on the road, and they turn around to check if I am not a police car. And off they go, straight over the red traffic light, to then make sure that the participants of the cycle race are safe in traffic. boggles my mind...

So where do you beat your buddy at the line like the rest of the world or at the mat? Surely the race between the buddy’s were over at the line?

Doing this kind of thing is like a rugby player "Scoring" a try 5 mins after the whistle was blown