Littering on Races!

Neg

The LITTERING on these races is unacceptable!!! There is NO excuse what so ever! obviously you were carrying that gel/whatever somewhere on you... so put the packet back FFS!!!!!!!! That was the real bummer on the race yesterday (94.7) the gel packets/what-nots/Tarzan-bar packets lying everywhere on the road.... i hope those people who did litter get a cramp SO BIG that it becomes permanent!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree with you more - what's it gonna take just to slip the gel pack under your cycling shorts?

I agree, cyclists should have the same mantra as hikers, if you bring it in , you take it out... although when we go to the Drakensberg once a year for a hike we end up bringing all sorts of crap back out what other people have left! Sadly I suppose it will never change...

I'm with you on this. I keep all my wrappers.

BUT my banana peels I deposit to the earth on the side.

What is your take on this?

People who litter should be placed under house arrest so they can stew in their own crap.

I often train out past simonstown towards Cape Point. I have on more than one occasion seen picnic tables with masses of mc donalds wrappers piled high underneath. These wrappers literally had to be transported at least 40km in order to be deposited at this remote spot.

Last week someone's baby obviously had the ****s because I passed four soiled nappies within 2k's of each other in the same area.

It boggles my mind why people go to places where there is no reason for being there other than to appreciate the natural beauty of the area, and then they see fit to literally leave their *** behind for the baboons to play with before crawling back to the hole they wriggled out of.

My gel's and bars are kept in my left pocket on my shirt. when done they go into the middle pocket... this way every thing stays sticky free and i keep my mess to myself! my puncture kit is on a "boot" at the back and bombs/pump are on the bike! i also ride with a camel pack for hydration and i use ALLOT of water and two bottles wont suffice... hence the CP! so i have PLENTY space for empty wrappers! and yeah, what does it take to just put it back where you pulled it out from!!!!! seriously people....!!!! it is probably more effort to take it out than put it back!!!!

on the banana peels... discard them OF THE ROAD!!!!! if you must throw them! other wise there were Bins just after the water point to dump them in! but NOOOO.... people just threw them down in the road where we were all riding...... had to play "dodge the banana peel" at most watering points!

Im lucky i didnt see anyone littering... cause i DONT keep quiet about this offense!!!

i just ride with water so no bollie to throw away.if need to eat i stop at a water table and deposit all in the bins.amazing how much crap(sure the bergies do not dine on GU) i pick up on my daily rides in majik forrest.i do not have a problem with the banana as stated above.

I just use my one pocket in my jersey for all my empty wrappers.

Yes I do the same. Fresh gels in the right hand pocket, empties in the middle. Doesn't matter how hard I am racing, if the gel came out of a pocket then I can put the empty back into one. It's really not that hard. thumbup1.gif

I just use my one pocket in my jersey for all my empty wrappers.

+1 - I have my spare tube and cell phone in the middle pouch, bars in the right pocket, 1 or 2 GU's in the left (for just in case I bomb). Wrappers go into middle pouch with phone and tube (phone is in zip lock baggie and tube in plastic sandwich bag).

The road runners at the Winelands Marathon broke some sort of a littering record on the R44 between Stellenbosch and Somerset West on Saturday. I was so disgusted when I drove past that we looked up the organisers details and called him to please send someone to come and clean up their mess.

I do not understand why the hell they cannot throw their water sachets into the bins provided. Makes me MAD!

once a week i take my black bag and clean the trails i ride.i take my son with and pay him as part of his pocket money.

Im lucky i didnt see anyone littering... cause i DONT keep quiet about this offense!!!

:thumbup: +110%

An I don't give a damn if you ride an XL frame either!