What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

I last wore a watch in the 1990s. Who needs one with cellphones these days.

You wear a cellphone on your wrist, weird!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wearing a decent watch shows a touch of class/style so go ahead and reach for your cellphone in your pocket just to tell the time :rolleyes:

Wearing a decent watch shows a touch of class/style so go ahead and reach for your cellphone in your pocket just to tell the time :rolleyes:

When i attend meetings i like to subtly glance at my watch to see how long its gonna drag on before its over, nothing subtle about pulling out a cellphone to check.

You have great taste in the finer things in life,i am trying to get my bank manager to buy me a Panerai Luminor Submersible for my 40th.

Up until two years ago I only had my trusty Polar. But then my bank manager a.k.a CEO a.k.a. my wife said I deserved (whatever that means) a decent dress watch. So I bought the Tag. When the recent chance came around to buy the Panerai, I needed CEO approval before doing so. Luckily for me she was consenting. Funny thing is now she believes she's got credit.

When i attend meetings i like to subtly glance at my watch to see how long its gonna drag on before its over, nothing subtle about pulling out a cellphone to check.

Sometimes, unsubtle means are required to get things moving !

That's funny. Does the same go for shoes, suits, houses, cars and bicycles? It just tells me you have more debt then me.

That's funny. Does the same go for shoes, suits, houses, cars and bicycles? It just tells me you have more debt then me.

One day when you are grown up and in an executive position you will understand, you cannot skimp on the trqditional, by that time you will also earn enough not to skimp, you will then pay cash and have little debt.

This the one I am currently wearing, paid in cash!

post-24908-0-85207900-1322029869.jpg

Agreed, it WILL look silly!

post-24908-0-00489900-1322030669.jpg

My power balance bracelet used to tell the time, but since they filed for bankruptcy, the magical link to their time-telling servers has been severed - and now it's just a rubber band..

You note I said 'decent' not 'expensive' ? Bit like polishing your shoes, ironing your pants/shirt ....

My power balance bracelet used to tell the time, but since they filed for bankruptcy, the magical link to their time-telling servers has been severed - and now it's just a rubber band..

Oh Rubberish

One day when you are grown up and in an executive position you will understand, you cannot skimp on the trqditional, by that time you will also earn enough not to skimp, you will then pay cash and have little debt.

This the one I am currently wearing, paid in cash!

Uhhmm. Oom. With all due respect.

The only 'executive' I can think of who would wear Swatch Metal would be Branson. :D

Edit: Who would also pay cash, and ask for discount.

Edited by The Drongo