What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents and ladies - I'm parting with one of my G-Shocks. Its the Casio Riseman ABC (altitude, barometer, compass) - stunning watch. Rugged and good looking. In excellent condition. Solar powered face so never needs a battery. All paperwork and boxes. Asking R 3,500.00 Please call me at zero eight two 454 one three nine 7. Johannesburg (fourways area) - Reason for selling is that its not needed and my arms are getting a bit short to easily read the time. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT333zBlLYY Not My video - but a good indication of what it looks like.

Not to be confused with the entry level Gshocks available.

Not sure how come I have never noticed this thread, but it’s right down my alley. This is my latest addition. Just love the heritage that comes with this onee1944e99bb8f4b39a54313349b55bd16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love them, heritage but the price tag!!!

Submitted my leave form for July, which made me think of one of my favourite destinations, and used a photo from there on my watch face.

d054279e82ac70edcdad975b0cd72ce8.jpg

Are you a fellow right hand wearer?

Not sure how come I have never noticed this thread, but it’s right down my alley. This is my latest addition. Just love the heritage that comes with this onee1944e99bb8f4b39a54313349b55bd16.jpg

Awesome timepiece.What was your reasoning to go with the Fifty fathoms instead of the usual Rolex sub?

Awesome timepiece.What was your reasoning to go with the Fifty fathoms instead of the usual Rolex sub?

My main gripe with Rolex is that it is too mainstream. When you see someone wearing a Sub you have probably a 10% chance that the person is a horologist. With the Blancpain that probably goes up to 95%.

The other factor is comfort. I like the bigger watches, which mean the only Rolex I ever considered was the Sea-Dweller deepsea. I like the look a lot, but it must be the most uncomfortable watch ever made. I used to have a IWC Big Piot, and as much as I liked that, it was also never a comfortable wearer. The Blancpain is similar size but way more comfortable.

Both the IWC and BP are excellent for connecting with other horologists on airports and at conferences

My main gripe with Rolex is that it is too mainstream. When you see someone wearing a Sub you have probably a 10% chance that the person is a horologist. With the Blancpain that probably goes up to 95%.

The other factor is comfort. I like the bigger watches, which mean the only Rolex I ever considered was the Sea-Dweller deepsea. I like the look a lot, but it must be the most uncomfortable watch ever made. I used to have a IWC Big Piot, and as much as I liked that, it was also never a comfortable wearer. The Blancpain is similar size but way more comfortable.

Both the IWC and BP are excellent for connecting with other horologists on airports and at conferences

Reading my post now I feel the need to clarify: I am not some rich douch that have plenty of money to throw around...hence the need to stand out from the Rolex crowd. Understanding the principles of "the law of diminishing returns" is after all a qualifying criteria on a cycling forum. I feel so much more at home amongst people with totally illogical passions than with people without. The watch forums actually have even more of those nutters than the HUB...

Edited by Delarey

Reading my post now I feel the need to clarify: I am not some rich douch that have plenty of money to throw around...hence the need to stand out from the Rolex crowd. Understanding the principles of "the law of diminishing returns" is after all a qualifying criteria on a cycling forum. I feel so much more at home amongst people with totally illogical passions than with people without. The watch forums actually have even more of those nutters than the HUB...

Really no need to explain, it's wonderful to own something different. And that really is lovely!

• 1 month later...

Lost almost 35 years ago in the surf at Millers, PE....replaced with same model SKX009 Pepsi just revved up guts (mech vs auto now)....

post-35907-0-70153900-1528201694_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

bcea9225d4806734c571970b4b8f4453.jpg

Swopped out the steel bracelet for brown strap for the winter. Love how much it changes the look and feel of the watch

Stunning watch, all time best for me. Plus I'm a jeweller so you can imagine the amount of brands I see, for me this is one of the best pieces out there

Edited by Abercrombie