What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

Tag Heuer F1 Cal5 or Seiko SPB051J1?

Similar price and weight and both are comfortable.Seiko just doesn't seem to be as big a name as Tag.

Power reserve on seiko is 50 hours compared to 38.

TAG-Heuer-Formula-1-WAZ2011-BA0842.png

SPB051J1_29185016075470.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar price and weight and both are comfortable.Seiko just doesn't seem to be as big a name as Tag.

I think I would lean towards Seiko. I like that broad arrow hour hand.

If I see someone with an entry level Tag I assume he bought it for the name even though he can’t afford the more expensive one. If I see someone with an automatic Seiko I assume its a watch nut that don’t care what other people think but love the watch he has on his wrist. I know both statements are sweeping (see what I did there) but I always find myself drawn to the watches that only watch nuts would appreciate and the rest would glance over.

Seiko appeals to me more

Entry level Tags are not what they used to be 10 years ago. Don't underestimate the quality of some of the Seiko movements. Buy the one that talks to you, as you will be looking at it 500 times a day.

It was your grandfather's watch, that he took the time to store properly with full papers. I'd rather hand it down to my kid's kids.

So that it can also add no value to them?

Not everyone likes to keep items for nostalgic reasons. If there's no personal tie, I say move it on to someone who will get joy out of it. M2cw.

NONE........I find them irritating on my wrist, never late though !

Totally agaree with you, however I bought the FITBIT Charge 3 for me and the wife and it's incredibly comfortable on one's wrist.

Bought it for the Momentum Multiply fit days etc

Seiko 100%, I echo the sentiments of Delaray

I've never been a fan of a Tag in general. I find them made for people who want to show a name brand more than appreciate good engineering. Saying that they have made some astounding one-off watch fair pieces, so they're actually a good bunch of watch nerds, but the 'average' TAG on the man on the street, much less so.

Seiko 100%, I echo the sentiments of Delaray

I've never been a fan of a Tag in general. I find them made for people who want to show a name brand more than appreciate good engineering. Saying that they have made some astounding one-off watch fair pieces, so they're actually a good bunch of watch nerds, but the 'average' TAG on the man on the street, much less so.

I bought my TAG because of the Senna/McLaren partnership. Never really liked Rolex.  Omega is on my wish list.

Edited by Starvin' Marvin

I bought my TAG because of the Senna/McLaren partnership. Never really liked Rolex.  Omega is on my wish list.

Soon after I wrote that earlier I came across a for sale pic of the only Tag I've ever REALLY wanted... The Gulf livery Monaco. I'm a sucker for Gulf coloured anything

There are a couple of Tags I like, in particular the Monaco that Steve Mcqueen wore. That watch however looks good on some people but I never liked it on my own wrist.

I don't like their divers though. Some look like imitation Seamasters and Omega Seamaster is one of my favorite watches.

Soon after I wrote that earlier I came across a for sale pic of the only Tag I've ever REALLY wanted... The Gulf livery Monaco. I'm a sucker for Gulf coloured anything

Definitely try and wear it a bit before you ever buy. I learned the hard way with my IWC Big Pilot that comfort is very important. I loved that watch, but I started to wear it less and less after the novelty wore off