What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this thread got me to get out my late Dad's Omega and it's not working properly so needs a service. its a 1965/6 model in really good condition.

Could somebody recommend a place in JHB that would be able to do a decent job on an old Omega?

Thanks

So this thread got me to get out my late Dad's Omega and it's not working properly so needs a service. its a 1965/6 model in really good condition.

Could somebody recommend a place in JHB that would be able to do a decent job on an old Omega?

Thanks

Topwatch has an in-house service center. They should be able to sort you out. They are in Centurion. You can get the address on topwatch.co.za

Topwatch has an in-house service center. They should be able to sort you out. They are in Centurion. You can get the address on topwatch.co.za

Great. Thank you so much!

Thanks

PM sent... 

Thanks

What ever you do, make sure the service you go to is an authorised one...also specify what you want done, with no instructions lots of these service centres will go ahead and polish, replace parts and try to make the watch new again and you will loose bevelled edges on the case etc from high polishing, not always something that will add value to the watch...some collectors like the watch in as found condition ie with scratches, faded lume, patina on the dial etc, be careful good luck and keep it safe!

Edited by capediver

They are great value, the emerald green is eye catching. The 5's are a little too small for my liking. A local store was very excited to show me the Brian May edition a few months ago, not my cuppa tea, I prefer Turtles and Samurai's.

New watch day [emoji122]

Adjustments.jpg

Very nice piece congrats. Not flashy either. Having seen the Rolex robbery video the other day, it reminded me of how many beauties will remain locked in safes, damn pity.