What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

The OCD in me needs to ask....

What's up with your watches with the bezel not set at zero.

I dive with them in summer and also use the bezels as a timer.Just never bother to put them at zero after I've used them :oops:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While Reading this I saw a ploprof for the first time and damn it looks cool

Looked up the pricing on one and nearly fell off my chair :(

It's one of my all time favorites. I came so close to buying one 10 years ago, they were 50k then, which was pretty damn hefty. Today 150k 200k? And that's if you can find one. Talk about missing an investment. I'm sad every time I see it.

You can still order a ploprof brand new from your Omega AD, it has never stopped being in production. One of my favorite watches ever [emoji7]

It's one of my all time favorites. I came so close to buying one 10 years ago, they were 50k then, which was pretty damn hefty. Today 150k 200k? And that's if you can find one. Talk about missing an investment. I'm sad every time I see it.

Would you wear it, or keep it locked in a safe, as an investment?

Would you wear it, or keep it locked in a safe, as an investment?

Nah, the investment bit is just a nice-to-have to be honest. I love watches for all the other intangibles, and would wear them all.

Edit: the only reason I wouldn't wear a watch- like Rolex for example, is it's getting almost comical how quickly you'll get held up for it. Which is desperately sad.

Edited by Chris_

You can get some great deals on the second hand market.

Agreed. I'm all for second hand. But jeepers there are some sharks in that industry. It takes a long time, and a big wallet, to get on the good side of a dealer.

The OCD in me needs to ask....

What's up with your watches with the bezel not set at zero.

I have only ever had one watch with a moveable bezel. I found I rotated it constantly as occupational therapy during boring meetings, conversations etc. Took me a while, but I eventually realised that the sound of the ratchet mechanism was probably pretty irritating to everyone else and retired it.

So in those days, my bezel would also be pointing at random directions for no good reason.  

• 4 weeks later...

This Saturday, reach for the stars....

attachicon.gifGagarin 2416-21.jpg

Glad you asked...cause no-one did.....

This is a Sturmanskie Gagarin........limited edition (2000 only), commemorative, 40mm, Vostok 2416B Russian automatic movement, made originally by First Military Watch Company in Moscow and given to graduating Russian pilots and worn by Yuri Gagarin on his flight into space on 12th April, 1961...the first watch in space and still available as the original mechanical 33mm model....a real beaut with a story to boot!

Edited by capediver

Very cool piece. There are some cool Russian and Chinese military watches around. I wouldn't mind adding a Seagull 1963 42mm chrono to my batch, for something a little different.

Very cool piece. There are some cool Russian and Chinese military watches around. I wouldn't mind adding a Seagull 1963 42mm chrono to my batch, for something a little different.

The Seagull is sweet !!!

The VOSTOK Amphibian Military Diver SCUBA Dude is on my radar....

post-35907-0-81418500-1610050597_thumb.png

Also this oddity:

Luch, a holiday beater...!

post-35907-0-26372500-1610050782_thumb.png

Edited by capediver