What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

The Seagull is sweet !!!

The VOSTOK Amphibian Military Diver SCUBA Dude is on my radar....

attachicon.gifVostok SCUBA dude.png

Also this oddity:

Luch, a holiday beater...!

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2021-01-07 at 22.18.30.png

Could kick myself! Years ago I got a Russian military watch from an aviator in the Russian airforce. It was old and worn, one of his spares. 

Not sure where it could be now, clipped the watch face a while back and damaged it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you asked...cause no-one did.....

This is a Sturmanskie Gagarin........limited edition (2000 only), commemorative, 40mm, Vostok 2416B Russian automatic movement, made originally by First Military Watch Company in Moscow and given to graduating Russian pilots and worn by Yuri Gagarin on his flight into space on 12th April, 1961...the first watch in space and still available as the original mechanical 33mm model....a real beaut with a story to boot!

Did you buy from Poljot?

post-19421-0-97586100-1610565129_thumb.jpgpost-19421-0-95995800-1610565158_thumb.jpg

I was given this Omega Constellation as a birthday gift from my parents. It belonged to my great uncle, he was given it as a retirement gift in, we think, the early 80s. Really nice that a men's watch is so feminine, just need to get the strap made a bit smaller.

attachicon.gif20210113_210813.jpgattachicon.gif20210113_210834.jpg

I was given this Omega Constellation as a birthday gift from my parents. It belonged to my great uncle, he was given it as a retirement gift in, we think, the early 80s. Really nice that a men's watch is so feminine, just need to get the strap made a bit smaller.

Pie pan dial!

An omega constellation is a great watch!

Those stretchy bracelets don't always adjust. It'll look amazing on a brown leather band though!!!

I was worried about not being able to shorten the stretch bracelet, is it acceptable to change the strap on a vintage watch?

The bracelet is a rather scratched, my mom wore the watch for years until the face fell off, a leather strap would be lovely.

It has been sitting in a drawer for for the last decade, she had it repaired for my "increasing decade" birthday.

I was worried about not being able to shorten the stretch bracelet, is it acceptable to change the strap on a vintage watch?

The bracelet is a rather scratched, my mom wore the watch for years until the face fell off, a leather strap would be lovely.

It has been sitting in a drawer for for the last decade, she had it repaired for my "increasing decade" birthday.

Absolutely!

Change that strap, it's the way to go!

You have to wear it!

I will, for sure wear it, it is really lovely and amazingly looks quite contemporary.

Only problem is, it looks like the little star, which should be below the word "constellation", is missing. It probably came off when the glass was off for all those years. I may get a watch maker to source a replacement. The dial also has a fair amount of petina on it but that is on keeping with its age, I can live with that.

Hi

Looking for a replacement strap for my Caterpillar watch.  Been to a couple of shops in Pretoria and also tried online without any luck.  Seems like it is an unusual strap width vs lug width combination.  The lug width is 8 m while strap is +/- 18 mm.  

Any recommendation where i can get straps or one made.

Thanks

Hi

Looking for a replacement strap for my Caterpillar watch. Been to a couple of shops in Pretoria and also tried online without any luck. Seems like it is an unusual strap width vs lug width combination. The lug width is 8 m while strap is +/- 18 mm.

Any recommendation where i can get straps or one made.

Thanks

Have a look on lugtolug.co.za

Naural patina may be viewed favouably, as it's unmolested. Some ideas of either a suede or lizzard skin strap.

The lizard suits the style and gold colour better.

What a beauty!