What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I got the watch from fellow hubber Glenn

Now i neeed to get it a new battery , can any shop do this or do i have to go to someone who does tissot specifically ?

MY one other "fancy" watch is A 12 year old citizen eco drive that has never stopped working 

I have a small Tissot collection....

I would suggest to get it changed at a shop that stocks Tissot. Some (cheaper) shops does not know how to close the back properly.

Higher end shops will send it to Tissot JHB to get the battery replaced and then you also get a "mini service". It will set you back about R700.  Which is quite expensive for a battery.  The upside to this option is that they return the watch in a little Tissot watch case, which is very nice and handy!!

I have a small Tissot collection....

I would suggest to get it changed at a shop that stocks Tissot. Some (cheaper) shops does not know how to close the back properly.

Higher end shops will send it to Tissot JHB to get the battery replaced and then you also get a "mini service". It will set you back about R700. Which is quite expensive for a battery. The upside to this option is that they return the watch in a little Tissot watch case, which is very nice and handy!!

. I YouTube some videos and it seems very easy, I've got some fine tools from suspension days but will need that pin tool for the rear.

A mini service does sound like a good idea tho

Do you guys find the leather strap causes you to sweat more ?

Humidity under a strap does not play well with the skin.

Yes,hardly wear a leather strap in summer.Prefer nylon or steel.

I just clean it with a leather cleaner every now and then.

Yes,hardly wear a leather strap in summer.Prefer nylon or steel.

I just clean it with a leather cleaner every now and then.

Thanks G, nylon better than plastic ?

I'm a sweater, so they're a no-go for me.

So what strap do you have ?

Rubber or metal.

Rubber does get a funk after a while as mentioned here, but it also cleans well I've found.

Leather just 'dies' prematurely. I do still have one watch on a leather strap which I wear more loosely to try avoid the dampness (but its not my favourite way to wear a watch...)

. I YouTube some videos and it seems very easy, I've got some fine tools from suspension days but will need that pin tool for the rear.

A mini service does sound like a good idea tho

I'm not a skilled as you are!!!

So I only change the battery on my Polar - all other watches I leave to the watchmakers 

I think a service is a good idea - they normally change out all the fine o-rings, seals, etc, etc to make sure it is water proof.

I'm not a skilled as you are!!!

So I only change the battery on my Polar - all other watches I leave to the watchmakers

I think a service is a good idea - they normally change out all the fine o-rings, seals, etc, etc to make sure it is water proof.

Suggestions for shops around Centurion that can do it?

Suggestions for shops around Centurion that can do it?

Don't know the area at all. 

But most medium end watch shops stocks Tissot, so they should be able to help.

I take mine to a high end shop in Bedfordview (Shermer) that only stock Tag and up, no Tissot.  They are extremely helpful to send it to Tissot.

Don't know the area at all. 

But most medium end watch shops stocks Tissot, so they should be able to help.

I take mine to a high end shop in Bedfordview (Shermer) that only stock Tag and up, no Tissot.  They are extremely helpful to send it to Tissot.

Shemar are one of the best, I enjoy that shop... they do stock tissot though! 

Timeflies belongs to them, which is just down the corridor  :thumbup: