What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

is this fair ? Just window shopping but curious

Yes, that’s a good price. Those come in 2 sizes, 45.5mm and 42mm I think. Not clear which one this is. The smaller one is normally a bit cheaper on the second hand market. With Omegas, always make sure that there is a serial number stamped under the 7 lug. There are a lot of grey market ones without the serial number and they are worth less.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My son is an avid F1 fan and a red bull supporter. I got him this today. Was delivered to his place. He was so chuffed he put it on without removing the plastic. Happy lad.

wow. That’s a special gift.

I still have a watch gifted to me by my dad many years ago. It’s particularly special. Good on you.

My son is an avid F1 fan and a red bull supporter. I got him this today. Was delivered to his place. He was so chuffed he put it on without removing the plastic. Happy lad.

It will last a lifetime

My ex has a Tag I gave her 30 years ago and it is worn every day and has had dives etc

Edited by Kranswurm

Awesome well done. I now own my late grandfather's and late father's watches. Both were given to them when they were young men. One is a Jaeger and the other is an Omega.

Awesome well done. I now own my late grandfather's and late father's watches. Both were given to them when they were young men. One is a Jaeger and the other is an Omega.

Show that watch [emoji52]

On 4/16/2021 at 9:27 AM, Kranswurm said:

Hi

I have a Luminox A3051 Seals Series Diving Watch I want to sell as I never use or wear it.

Pressure Tested when the Battery was renewed Nov 2019

I have never taken it into the sea.

R5000

Call or Whatsapp me if you are interested

post-523-0-97231300-1618558018_thumb.jpg

Anybody interested?

• 4 weeks later...

I like the posts on here about heirloom watches.

My wife and I both wear Garmin smart watches, which I know will have an end of life in the next 5-10yrs.

So for our wedding (just last week) I decided to get her a little wedding day gift that has a longer lifespan and will also go better with her dress.

Just a simple timeless looking Tissot ladies watch

85503B81-99A1-45DE-AA48-5219B1BC765E.png.16b9e0da639cdaec5a4748fe69108bf8.png

Hopefully the quality is good enough that this will become a hand-me-down over the generations.

Browsing around this morning and had a look the Garmin Instinct Solar. I see that it is advertised as a tough outdoor watch.

Two Ads down the add-ons for the watch jump out at me:

1) Silicone Bump cover &

2) Tempered glass screen protector 

Now, my grand reputation of cracking cell phone screens makes me wonder if this watch will survive daily wear.

Anyone got one, had one.

Your opinions please.

OK, no worries. Common sense took over. I do not need another piece of tech that needs constant charging,  

Edited by No Hare
Common sense

On 4/22/2021 at 1:01 PM, BaGearA said:

is this fair ? Just window shopping but curious

post-46013-0-37544600-1619085658_thumb.jpg

Not a bad price....box and papers? Golden rule  for this type of purchase...buy the seller....if you can,  verify authenticity via third party eg AD...buyer beware there a plenty of good fakes and dodgy sellers in this universe....great watch...good luck

Edited by capediver

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this is the right topic to ask this question. 

I have a Garmin Forerunner 25, and my straps have broken. I have repaired them with glue but it's a temporary fix. 

I can't seem to find straps locally from reputable dealers. 

If I look at the straps for the 220/235/620/630/735 they all use the same strap which looks the same.

I've tried to go to a physical store to look at the band's but can't find stock. Can get the 220 strap from Takealot but I don't want to buy something if it won't fit.

Does anyone have a 220/235/620/735 and can take a photo of the measurements of the strap (width and width where the bolt goes through to connect to the watch.)

1068652573_IMG_20210701_0733102.jpg.37ea8ddbf9121309430fbb1629c57ae0.jpg

My 25's strap

810846893_forerunner220strap.jpg.4f71eabddd9c6ccf5a184fd35717bdd9.jpg

the strap for the 220 etc.