94.7 Female Winner???

Gunzo

Y'all seem to have forgotten a thread just the other day where it was confirmed by the 'cool' hubbers that:-

1) If you're not racing elites you're not in the 'race'

2) You are then just a loser trundling round on your bike and you might as well stop and smell the roses

3) Neither your time or position are of any consequence to anyone

THE END

;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tactics and racing.

D group is like riding a 97km team time-trial where there are at least 10-20 other people who have the same goal as you (getting a good time), can achieve that goal at the same time as you, get a definite benefit from working with you and so are willing to work with you.

In a racing group, there will be 5 people with the same goal as you (getting a team win), there will be another 10-20 people with a similar goal, but the only way they can achieve their goal is to ensure you fail at yours. There is no direct benefit to group cooperation and a whole lot of benefit to doing the utmost to rip the legs off your opponent.

Great Explaination

This is why its called a "Cycle Challenge" and not Cycle Race. :thumbdown: The rest of us are just there to make up the numbers and pay for it all!!

Y'all seem to have forgotten a thread just the other day where it was confirmed by the 'cool' hubbers that:-

1) If you're not racing elites you're not in the 'race' Guilty :blush:

2) You are then just a loser trundling round on your bike and you might as well stop and smell the roses Guilty :blush:

3) Neither your time or position are of any consequence to anyone Guilty :blush:

THE END

;)

Edited by scotty

1) If you're not racing elites you're not in the 'race'

True, I take a long time and get my money's worth, when I 'race' the World funride Champs B race. :D

2) You are then just a loser trundling round on your bike and you might as well stop and smell the roses

I was standing next to the road all day, I'm not a loser , yeaaahhhh

3) Neither your time or position are of any consequence to anyone

oH YES IT IS, if fatboy here beats only one skinny a$$ , I've won. :lol:

Gents…I’m baffled by this !!

Lets say Joe is a extreme good cyclist and not interested in riding as a elite/pro or whatever cyclist….maybe his got a day job does pays him well.

And on the day he starts in say the “D” group and ride the living grap out of his group and also do the quickest overall time for the day.

Surely he should be declared the overall winner for the day ???.....or doesn’t it work like this ???

Only if you are registered with CSA as an elite can you qualify for prize money and podium position. The rest don't count for squat. Nevermind that it's the rest that pays the prize money for the pros that nobody ever see racing.

I should have been more specific, ride 2h40m as a woman, and you're sure to get noticed, as is the case here.

w have been doing that the last 4 years....

I'm baffled by this comment :D

You clearly didn't bother to read my earlier comments... apples vs pears

However you are correct that Jo still has a full time job which pays pretty well.

Next year will be her first year as a "LAZY" full time pro <_<

All she needs now is to drive a station wagon, to be the cool,day job cyclist that dishes out the pain... Can't wait to see what she does when she is full time..

On your own?

two females on tandem..does that count ;-0...or I guess there would have been assistance again ;-0

The winner, Chand Karjieker, did only the 94.7 and no other race and was born in 1972, makes her 39.....hhhhmmmmmmm.

I find it difficult to believe, she was so much faster than 4 of the fastest lady riders in this

country... They broke away and they were hauling it. They did not not play around.

And she did it on her own.... SUSPECT.

Why suspect, she is a visiting foreigner who enjoys her bike and racing in Europe, decided to ride the race

The winner, Chand Karjieker, did only the 94.7 and no other race and was born in 1972, makes her 39.....hhhhmmmmmmm.

I find it difficult to believe, she was so much faster than 4 of the fastest lady riders in this

country... They broke away and they were hauling it. They did not not play around.

And she did it on her own.... SUSPECT.

Why suspect, she is a visiting foreigner who enjoys her bike and racing in Europe, decided to ride the race

I have a very good friend, now 40, who has recently started Tri in Switzerland. She is kicking ass at races there. She works on her own. She beats men younger than her. She is improving consistently.

She also kicks most men's asses climbing Matterhorn et al.

Seems to me there are some boys here who can't believe they can be whipped by a lady.

Just saying... :P