Power Coach

Hi All...

I'm thinking of getting a coach to help with my training. I have a power meter (Power Tap) and have been training with it for 2 year and been improving slowly. However I'm interested to find out if I would have better results/gains If I had a "coach"?

If anyone know's of any "coaches" or could recomend anyone specific, please let me know?

Thanks

Hi All...

I'm thinking of getting a coach to help with my training. I have a power meter (Power Tap) and have been training with it for 2 year and been improving slowly. However I'm interested to find out if I would have better results/gains If I had a "coach"?

If anyone know's of any "coaches" or could recomend anyone specific, please let me know?

Thanks

Working with Donovan van Gelder and am happy :thumbup: His email is vangelder@mweb.co.za

I am not sure if Mike Bevan still does coaching, he was pretty good. Just becareful of those "on-line" type programs where every client gets the same program.

Look695, when you say you are "happy" with Donovan, have you showed decent gains or has he helped give you a better understanding of power training?

Does anyone know if Bruce Diesel still does coaching?

John Wakefield - john@sciencetosport.com he is a qualified UCI coach

I also chat to him almost everyday as he asks how training is going, etc.

Edited by MTB_Roadie

John Wakefield - john@sciencetosport.com he is a qualified UCI coach

I also chat to him almost everyday as he asks how training is going, etc.

I like it that you are able to chat to your coach....but sometimes being able to communicate more often than not with a coach comes at a premium price.

If you don't mind me asking, what does John charge you monthly?

I used Mike Bevan and to this day i can still pick up the phone and chat to him about training, even though i am not making use of his expertise.

I am not sure if Mike Bevan still does coaching, he was pretty good. Just becareful of those "on-line" type programs where every client gets the same program.

Look695, when you say you are "happy" with Donovan, have you showed decent gains or has he helped give you a better understanding of power training?

Does anyone know if Bruce Diesel still does coaching?

My cycling has improved quite a bit. Donovan structures your program according to your needs and abilities. I do for example int's on Tuesday's and hill training on Thursday's. With Donovan it is not so much time in the saddle, but quality training. I am not using a powermeter, but he does use it in his coaching if you have a powermeter.

contact details please

they have given Donovan and John's contact details and if you are wanting to contact Mike Bevan, his hub name is Obree.

I like it that you are able to chat to your coach....but sometimes being able to communicate more often than not with a coach comes at a premium price.

If you don't mind me asking, what does John charge you monthly?

I used Mike Bevan and to this day i can still pick up the phone and chat to him about training, even though i am not making use of his expertise.

It is a 3month training program, it depends which option you choose. He also personally work it out for you, I had to do a V02 Max test, give him the results, etc then he worked it out.

Best is to email him and ask him directly :)

Yes I still coach both road and track, pricing depends on what level of contact you are looking for, Weekly, Monthly, BiMonthly etc.