Where is Olifantsnek?

Grondpad

I saw on facebook one of the AR clubs did a ride at Breedtsnek & Olifantsnek. Its a 110km ride. I know where Breedtsnek is, but I would like to include Olifantsnek for a nice long ride

Anyone that can help?

Olifantsnek is about 8 km outside Rustenburg, on the R24 towards Magaliesburg...

Now you've spoiled what was on its way to becoming a great threa ;) d!

Olifantsnek is about 8 km outside Rustenburg, on the R24 towards Magaliesburg...

Thnaks for the feedback. Can you maybe give me some directions if I go over Breedtneks from the Hekpoort side?

If you get to Olifantshol you've missed the turn-off.

Thanks RB, you have the true hubbers' spirit! :clap:

Thnaks for the feedback. Can you maybe give me some directions if I go over Breedtneks from the Hekpoort side?
I'll find out from the locals, not exactly sure from Breedtnek :blink:

From Breedts Nek-If you go over the mountain, make a left at the tar road T junction (right takes you toward Buffelspoort), Follow this road till you get to another T juntion, make a left and you are now heading towards Rustenburg and the R24. At the next T junction turn left onto the R24, travel apporx 3km and you will crest the hill that overlooks Olifantsnek dam.

Great info! Thanks Mojoman

Is this section tar or gravel?

From Breedts Nek-If you go over the mountain, make a left at the tar road T junction (right takes you toward Buffelspoort), Follow this road till you get to another T juntion, make a left and you are now heading towards Rustenburg and the R24. At the next T junction turn left onto the R24, travel apporx 3km and you will crest the hill that overlooks Olifantsnek dam.

Once you leave the dirt road/mountain pass its all tar, there are shoulders for riding (tar and dirt) and the road is pretty quiet, the only dodgy piece would be the R24 heading out of Rustenburg, lots of trucks and no soft shoulder to ride on really.