94.7 Aftermath

DamMTBer

Hi,

After my first 94.7 on Sunday, I experienced a high fever Monday night some level stomach problems and also Nausea.

Could this be post race condition, shock to the body...

Has anybody else experienced this after their first race?

Hi,

After my first 94.7 on Sunday, I experienced a high fever Monday night some level stomach problems and also Nausea.

Could this be post race condition, shock to the body...

Has anybody else experienced this after their first race?

No this is not post race related especially since it was on Monday night. probably something you ate at the race LOL...

the food

Could be something that I ate at home, maybe.

But the simptomes does feel like something I have experienced before from any exercise?

Guys there is a serious stomache bug doing the rounds in GP, my whole family had it incl my little one, man changing 30 nappies a day isn't fun. Its seems to knock you for a six on day 1, you feel ok but "pap" on day 2 and day 3 you are ok again.

i felt similar on sunday actually - trying to hang on for dear life to the A bunch as they were breaking me into little pieces around the st andrews offramp hahaha. :D

My girlfriend is still sick and all started from the race, she thinks it is from the one waterpoint where they stuck ice from the drinks bucket into her camelback

Was 100% yesteday.

But thanks for all the great advice.

Its that same bug no doubt...haven't been that sick in a long time, short but vicious

My girlfriend is still sick and all started from the race, she thinks it is from the one waterpoint where they stuck ice from the drinks bucket into her camelback

Possible, but unlikely.

The possibility is however the reason that I never take any drinks / food from water stations during races. If I don't prepare it myself and carry it with me, I don't consume it.

With my luck, the guy handing me the drink would have just finished taking a dump in the bushes and washed his hands in the water bucket.

Possible, but unlikely.

The possibility is however the reason that I never take any drinks / food from water stations during races. If I don't prepare it myself and carry it with me, I don't consume it.

With my luck, the guy handing me the drink would have just finished taking a dump in the bushes and washed his hands in the water bucket.

Tell you all one thing despite the bug, I was vrek moeg. You don't realise what and event such the 94.7 does take out of you.

Besides being sick she has no energy, Doc put her on 2 Antibiotics.

She was fine after the race however, but later that evening the nausea started.

I think its possible. I got completely ill with fever and the whole works after ironman earlier this year. The crowd support along marine drive gave me such a boost that I ended way faster than my body was meant to handle. I was okay that night and the following morning. That afternoon (+-18 hours after the finish) I started to get a bad fever. Just spent some time in bed and by 9:00 the next morning the fever borke and I was fine again. No stomach issues however.