Lebanon Riding Trails, Any good?

leaboy

I've heard of Lebanon riding trails in Grabouw(Western Cape)

Has anyone ridden there before? What's it like?

Regards

Currently I rate Oak Valley (almost next door) much higher than Lebanon.

Lebanon used to be great, but over the last few years forestry have cut a lot of the pine plantations and all those single tracks are now out in the open and erosion have started to take its toll, making for bumpy riding with less flow, more sunburn and dust. It is still a great outing though.

Oak Valley on the other hand, have built really super flowing single track and it is riding better than Lebanon at the moment. Some of their newest tracks still need some settling down. Their single track is muck more varied also, and in prettier surroundings.

Edited by DJR

The parking at Oak Valley is also more secure and you have shower fascilities at the end of the trail too .... between the two Oak Valley will get my cash first.

If riding out there do stop at Perigrine on the way out for a LEGENDARY springbok pie and their freshly pressed apple juice .... great way to finish of a great ride.

The parking at Oak Valley is also more secure and you have shower fascilities at the end of the trail too .... between the two Oak Valley will get my cash first.

If riding out there do stop at Perigrine on the way out for a LEGENDARY springbok pie and their freshly pressed apple juice .... great way to finish of a great ride.

+1 on their Springbok Pie!!!

Lebabnon trails are still great to ride okes, more technical than Oak Valley and they make you work harder.

Yes there has been some forestry that has damaged trails, but they are building new stuff again currently which is good to see. There are shower facilities at the trail head as well and even better is you can rent a cottage for 2 or a bigger one of up to 8 for weekends away.

Don't get me wrong, Oak valley has some seriously sweet trails and they seem build more trails all the time that just get longer and longer....but if you want to test your technical metal on bike hit Lebanon. Actually, even better, hit Lebanon early and then smash Oak Valley after to make sure you deserve that Springbok pie and amazing apple juice at the Peregrin!

Lebanon is great - nice technical single track. Not as manicured as Oak Valley. Bit more of an adrenaline rush. It is a pity that they are cutting down some of the trees though.

There are showers, although I have yet to figure out how the hot water tap works.

......I have yet to figure out how the hot water tap works.

I'm a tough guy when it comes to everything other than a cold shower :D

How long are the Lebanon trails compared to the Oak Valley trails?

The Red route takes us around 1h30, and there are two other shorter options - Green and Blue. They have most of the single track, but slightly less climbing.

Currently I rate Oak Valley (almost next door) much higher than Lebanon.

Lebanon used to be great, but over the last few years forestry have cut a lot of the pine plantations and all those single tracks are now out in the open and erosion have started to take its toll, making for bumpy riding with less flow, more sunburn and dust. It is still a great outing though.

Oak Valley on the other hand, have built really super flowing single track and it is riding better than Lebanon at the moment. Some of their newest tracks still need some settling down. Their single track is muck more varied also, and in prettier surroundings.

Does Oak Valley have a website or email address for more details?

Lebabnon trails are still great to ride okes, more technical than Oak Valley and they make you work harder.

Yes there has been some forestry that has damaged trails, but they are building new stuff again currently which is good to see. There are shower facilities at the trail head as well and even better is you can rent a cottage for 2 or a bigger one of up to 8 for weekends away.

Don't get me wrong, Oak valley has some seriously sweet trails and they seem build more trails all the time that just get longer and longer....but if you want to test your technical metal on bike hit Lebanon. Actually, even better, hit Lebanon early and then smash Oak Valley after to make sure you deserve that Springbok pie and amazing apple juice at the Peregrin!

What he said.