BAD SERVICE @ CRC!!

The Bike Vendor

Wow! I have never had this bad experience :angry: Well not bad just plain STUPID!

I was looking for a new frame and saw the Be0ne Raw 2011 frames were on sale @ R5780 for a full carbon frame and fork weighing in @ under 1.3kg, it's cheap!

I placed my order with extras, added up to R5960. I Paid and this was on friday night! I read and it said they will dispatch on SATURDAYS. I then saw the conformation that said it would be shipped on Monday, no biggy only 2 days.

Then today I got an email saying that the product is out of stock in the WHITE COLOR, I then wanted to order a red frame. All 53cm frames were available in 3 colors. Now not even one 53cm frame is left!

This is very, very poor service! Having to wait 5 days for them to respond and 4 of them were business days :thumbdown: :thumbdown: <_<

Edited by Gr00tbaas

• 2 weeks later...

ye i dnt know if im gonna buy anything else off CRC, their prices are good n stuff, but delivery and import duties make up for the discounts. sometimes even more expensive. and then when the stuff breaks u got no return value either.

Besides i far prefer going into a shop and checking the items before buying. The only thing that CRC have on any bike shop here is the selection of items they have.

Hi Gr00tbaas

Had a similar issue wit a saddle out of stock, ordered something else, and a day later the saddle was back in stock (even if date of stock showed later).

Contacted customer services, and they apologized and sent the item with free shipping.

My advice, take the matter up with their Customer service, explain the dilemma well, and ask for a solution from them...

Hope this helps.

Happy Hoopin

CRC handles 3000 orders a day so a slip every now and then is understandable.Send them a email and i am sure they will help you out.I received a 25% discount voucher for a order that had out of stock goods.

Having stock pop in and out of availability is k@k, but they are a big shop shipping lots of stuff, and these things will be dynamic if they are keeping stock levels low.

They lost one of my orders once. I mailed them to say wtf and they sorted it straight away, no fuss.

As the man says, drop them a mail, see what their response is.

I also ordered one of those frames yesterday BeOne Raw Red 56cm. Order went through, I paid, and then all of a sudden the item is discontinued. I sent them a mail asking them wtf and I am still waiting for a response. This morning I saw that there were no 56cm frames left at all. I have asked a friend in the UK to give them a call to find out what is happening. Will post their reply as soon as I hear from either party...

I ordered pedals that became out of stock the one time, and they were on an end of range sale, so they were no going to come back into stock.

I explained the situation to them and not only did they give me the next higher spec pedals (which was not on sale) for the same price as the original special, but they gave me a 5 pound voucher to apologies for the inconvenience.

That's better than any customer service I have EVER received in SA, cycling or not.

CRC has excellent prices, but the additional charges (Duties, VAT, ect.) before you can take receipt is just too much

I rather order from LBS and let them deal with such issues. Also if anything breaks, then the LBS will sort it out.

CRC has excellent prices, but the additional charges (Duties, VAT, ect.) before you can take receipt is just too much

I rather order from LBS and let them deal with such issues. Also if anything breaks, then the LBS will sort it out.

Couldn't disagree more. I got better backup/no hassle return service from CRC than I did from bike shop (in Woodmead) over the same faulty item. And its really no hassle to order, only hassle is waiting a bit.

Edited by kosmonooit

If your order is R5k or more you will pay a lot of duties... on an order of less than 5k only VAT and a R80 admin fee...

Order more than 3k and shipping is free...

I have ordered from them a lot and I have to say that out of about 10 orders I only had issues on 2 which their customer service department always sorted out.

So I haven't got a reply from customer services yet but got an email confirming that my order has been processed and it's on its way... Now let's just hope it has the correct content.. :thumbup:

I've ordered a few times from CRC, only one hassle.

I ordered a Polar CS600x cycle computer with some extras, when it arrived, it failed to start up. I called and they very politely pointed out that my blonde hair was at work and the battery was possibly the problem.

I went and replaced the battery and all worked. CRC offered to refund me the cost of the battery. They also offered, if I was not happy with that arrangement, to let me ship the unit back to them for a full refund as well as a refund of the cost of shipping back to them. This was all no questions asked.

As far as I’m concerned, problems happen, that’s not the issue. The issue is how they’re dealt with, and these guys did a great job. :clap: :clap: :clap:

How long does the customer services department normally take to come back to you?

I have had them take 2-3 days to answer a mail but they normally answer in a few hours.

If your order is R5k or more you will pay a lot of duties...

Where do you get that info from? I've brought in bigger orders than that in the past and only been charged VAT and handling. Has something changed?