Cyclo-Cross in South Africa

FC&P2C

I kind of covinced myself that my bike collection is in need of a cyclocross bike (obike is giving them away!)

Not sure that I will ride it? Are cyclocross bikes allowed at mtb races? Are there any races that would suit a cx bike? Are there groups in Gauteng that ride together?

Any advise or info will help.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both JMaccelari and Jules ride GT CX bikes.

Jules either rides his SS or CX bike at the Delta Park night race and Jeremy rides his on Fridays at ICG :)

Got my GTR cx yesterday. Its even better than I thought it would be. Now just need time to ride it between bmx racing, training for Ironman and getting time in with the wife on the tandem for Argus. And still want to do the spruit and mtn park with my all mountain!

• 9 months later...

Been watching "behind the barriers" and REALLY keen to race cross, looks like soooo much fun !

We should try get something going, even if it means people start with locked out forks on mtbs and normal road bikes.

What can be fun about riding a 3km course,in sub zero temps with the rain pissing down.I will tell you later :D .Doing my first race later today on a borowed bike.I really hope it warms up a little before then -2 deg at the moment.

Both JMaccelari and Jules ride GT CX bikes.

Jules either rides his SS or CX bike at the Delta Park night race and Jeremy rides his on Fridays at ICG :)

ICG ?

Good luck Gummi, give it horns and attack from the gun!!

I tried that but being overweight and unfit didn't help :blush:

It's fullout racing from the start,we did 45 minutes and then one lap.At least i didn't get lapped on the 3.5km course.They had a ladder to go over a fence and hay bails scattered all over the place that you had to climb over.There was one or two guys that bunny hopped them on the first lap.

It's really fun but it's hard.The track riders will enjoy it.

Think of it as a offroad criterium :thumbup: :D

I tried that but being overweight and unfit didn't help :blush:

It's fullout racing from the start,we did 45 minutes and then one lap.At least i didn't get lapped on the 3.5km course.They had a ladder to go over a fence and hay bails scattered all over the place that you had to climb over.There was one or two guys that bunny hopped them on the first lap.

It's really fun but it's hard.The track riders will enjoy it.

Think of it as a offroad criterium :thumbup: :D

Sounds awesome :thumbup: ..... but not the temperatures :thumbdown: