Best Value for money Wheels Road

DC Carbon

Hey Hubbers

Just curious as to what other people's opinions are about the best value for money wheels for under R10k

I'm 32 weigh 82kg's and would consider myself to be a strong climber so I have some power. A good strong set of wheels would be ideal.

I've just about settled on the Mavic SL's there R8k on CWC

post-4227-0-40814600-1322116631.jpg

Nice wheels, but ride quit hard. I had a set, sold it after the rear rim cracked at the spoke holes. My weight at that time was about 96kg, so these will be good for you. Another option is campaq wheels. For me they are slightly more comfortable

post-26136-0-20983000-1322117054.jpg

Edited by LOOK695

I cannot explain just how good the shamals are. I'm 80 kilos and climb OK and sprint better than i climb. I have shamals and run them tubeless. I haven't had to true them ever, the hubs are fantastic and roll effortlessly.

I reckon the best value for money wheels would be a set of second hand Zipp 404s (2008 or later model). Light, strong and aero.

New, I'd personally look at a set of Campag Shamals or Fulcrum Racing 0s (basically the same wheel). These are only good value if you buy them online, though.

Edited by Edman

If you are a strong climber, you don't need climbing specific wheels, so rather go with a set of areo wheels with a higher profile, so that you can benefit on the flats too.

I was looking at the CKT wheels - they are reasonably priced and look spectacular. Has anybody had any experience on them?

Love Campy wheels, they bullet proof.

Also have a set of Mavic SL's and they also great, hit a pot hole at Dome 2 Dome at about 70km/h and the stayed true - I was amazed.

One thing I've heard about Mavic's is that they eventually let go (crack), got a heavy mate (110kg) and he's gone through to set's. Seems they ok if you a light weight though.

Personally I'd take the Campy Shamal's over the Mavic's as they last longer - guaranteed.

I owned the Mavic Ksyrium ES Ltd Edition. Rode them for about 2000km and they were great whels.

However, I now own Fucrum Racing Zero's and I must admit the Fulcrums are much better. The Campag Shamals are the same as they come out of the same factory.

So, in my opinion consider the Fulcrum Racing or Shamals OVER the Mavic Ksyriums.

:thumbup:

Hey Hubbers

Just curious as to what other people's opinions are about the best value for money wheels for under R10k

I'm 32 weigh 82kg's and would consider myself to be a strong climber so I have some power. A good strong set of wheels would be ideal.

I've just about settled on the Mavic SL's there R8k on CWC

I will look at Concept full carbon clinchers 50mm Aero profile . They run very well, They waigh the same as a set of Ksyruim Elites . I have been though potholes on two different occasions with mine and no problem.

I weigh 85 kg , so weight no an issue.

They also look quite nice.