FPC Paulshof - Bad Customer Service

DaSH82

So here is the story...

Went into FPC to have a look at some bikes for my girlfriend on a Saturday, they showed us the various options, and one of the bikes which she liked was the cannondale sl2, the 2010 model.

So we left the shop and we had a look at a few other options. And on Tuesday she decided she wanted the Cannondale, so she called them and asked them to reserve the bike, and put clipless pedals on the bike.

The guy asked her if it was the black Cannondale. And she said yes. After speaking to me, she realized she had reserved the wrong bike, and it was actually the white one she wanted. And promptly called them back to correct herself. And she told them we could come in on Saturday when I was back from Kenya to pick up the bike.

We arrived at FPC on Saturday morning, only to find that the wrong bike was reserved and had the clipless pedals on. And the bike she wanted was sold the previous day. And no more smalls in stock.

I was told by the guy at FPC, that he could not get hold of the guy who organized it. And he would only be able to find out on Monday if there were any more smalls available. They took my number down in their book, and the details.. and said they would call me to let me know on Monday. And I also requested that their manager call me, as I think this is bad business.

It is now Thursday, and I have not had any calls from FPC. No apologies from the manager. Nothing...

So based on this, I wont be buying anything from FPC any more.. Nor will I recommend them to any of my friends.

Congratulations on losing business and future customers.

Good customer service goes a long way guys.. and calling your customers when requested to do so, and apologising for the error goes even further.

thumbdown.gif

And I thought you were supposed to be one of the better shops in JHB.

Clearly I was wrong, and you don't need or want my business.

Tjops!

That shop is overpriced. Go chat to Achtar at Solomons in woodmead. He is a legend!

You're at fault.

Cash is king.

They should've 'phoned back.

I'd say you're square, just try and sort it out amicably.

I was there to pick up the bike, if they wanted a deposit for it, fine.. Ask for it.

But when i get there, and you are at fault. And say you will call me about it, then call me.

Sorry Faps, i am not at fault here. They have lost the business, and my respect.

Cash is king. I was there with the cash. And left with my cash.

Bad business..

I have also had terrible service there. Thought it was jsut a once or 3x off but after the 4th time where they treat me like a dumb girl and then still try sell me the completely wrong part, I refuse to go there. Seems like they only care bout jocks with plenty money.

Dont bother trying to mail them - they clearly dont know how to respond, even when you are looking for expensive bike toys.

Go to Achtar at Woodmead or the awesome guys at Complete Cyclist.

You're at fault.

Cash is king.

They should've 'phoned back.

I'd say you're square, just try and sort it out amicably.

What? How is Dash at fault? For wanting to support a LBS in this tough economy? Or does FPC have so much business that they don't care about 1 or 2 lost customers?

If I was an LBS owner, my staff would get a roasting for this one!

Yeah, well, they losing customers with a fair bit of spending power..

And I was actually thinking about buying another bike they had on the floor..

And some more accessories.. but hey.. I can go get those from the competition.

Probably at a better price..

I have also had terrible service there. Thought it was jsut a once or 3x off but after the 4th time where they treat me like a dumb girl and then still try sell me the completely wrong part, I refuse to go there. Seems like they only care bout jocks with plenty money.

Dont bother trying to mail them - they clearly dont know how to respond, even when you are looking for expensive bike toys.

Go to Achtar at Woodmead or the awesome guys at Complete Cyclist.

Dude the planets must have been aligned cause I've never had anything but excelent services from the guys.

I was there to look at 29er and the service was good I tested a few models and i can't complain. Chris helped me, :thumbup:

Just as a maater of interest.......... Does bicycle shops not make 90% of their profits from bicycle services?? It is basically an hour's labour for R500+?

And on a bicycle how much do they make and then they normally have to include 1 or 2 free services?

I used to go to FPC, also gave up on them cause of bad service. Never been back in 3 years, lots of other places that like my money